jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Thrift store books

1. janesix profile image59
    janesixposted 2 years ago

I found three books today, on anthropology, chaos theory, and evolution. I love finding good books at the thrift store. There was a sale for half off books, so I'm going to go again on Friday to see if I can find some more. A few days ago, I found a few science fiction books as well. I'm hoping to find some more non-fiction. I can spend over an hour looking for something good.

1. 0
      Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I love thrift store book shopping!  Six years ago, I went about six months with no television.  I read like a fiend.  Couldn't afford bookstores at the time, but thrift stores and the library kept me between the pages every free minute!

1. janesix profile image59
        janesixposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I don't have tv, for like six or seven years now. I love reading more anyway. I haven't read a real book for a while now though I prefer real books to ebooks by far.

1. 0
          Motown2Chitownposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Me too.  Enjoy!  So worth the time and effort.

2. Kameron Mattis profile image60
      Kameron Mattisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

My grandmother and I always go to Goodwill to look for books first. We find the best deals there on some really great books. Some even have days when the books are on special or marked half off. I love it!! It's great for two book worms like us.

3. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's the best. I buy myself a couple of books I think I'll like then I wrap them and give them to myself as Christmas presents from my kids. I'm like, "I love this book you got me!"

2. marieryan profile image86
    marieryanposted 2 years ago

The second-hand book shop in my town closed yesterday. I am absolutely devastated.What am I to do now? Where will I get my fix?

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Library. smile

working