jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Have You Ever Written a Love Story?

1. jainismus profile image79
    jainismusposted 2 years ago

Have you ever written a love story? Especially based on your own experience?  I want to know what was the state of your mind while writing it?

I am writing a love thriller novel based on the true incidents in my own life.  I am enjoying the writing and actually living in the past days while writing it.

Please share your experience.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

For whatever reason it is very easy for me to write love stories. I would prefer for other stories to come more naturally so that I could be perceived as an intellectual or at least having something of value to offer, but romance seems to be the thing that just flows. I don't prefer the mind set it puts me in. Again, I would prefer the mind of an intellectual giant. I don't really see that happening... (as my fellow brainiac Taylor Swift says,) "...like ever."

2. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have written many romances in the past but I find that as I develop as a writer I tend to mix the romance with suspense and mystery. I also love paranormal and historical romances.

Writing straight romance doesn't appeal to me anymore. I am currently working on a romance novella for a client and the truth is, I find it quite boring. The novel I just completed for another client involves lots of romance but is really a crime thriller suspense. I will be doing book two and three. I also just completed book one of a romance trilogy for a client and that had some mystery.

2. MizBejabbers profile image91
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

A straight love story? No, I find them boring. I don't even read romances unless the romance is incidental to the adventure. I think there are too many other good writers who can write the love stories better than I can for those who like to read them. I will say that my own courtship with Mr. B was a little unusual, so a may do a hub or a short story based on it someday.  It will be a very short story because that only lasted six weeks.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I would like to read that.

3. WillStarr profile image85
    WillStarrposted 2 years ago

I've written quite a few, but not intentionally. I try to write a good story, and love is sometimes just a natural part of a story. I also try to keep it real. Most men and women are not the images of perfection portrayed in romance novels. They're just ordinary people facing extraordinary circumstances in a worthwhile story, so I try to keep them that way.

Good topic!

4. Zelkiiro profile image85
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

I once wrote a short story about a post-apocalyptic wasteland brought about by an aging star replacing the sun via a wormhole from the point-of-view of a prostitute. Does that count?