jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)

Scary stories

1. Drake Slade profile image83
    Drake Sladeposted 2 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers! I have found it increasingly more difficult to get scared, I've been all over the internet so now I'm hoping someone here has something original and scary. Can't wait to see who gives me chills!

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not supposed to promote hubs on the forums; however, I have plenty of stories to give thee the chills.  In fact, some of the stories can keep thee AWAKE at night, fearing of the DARK ONE.
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9099743_f248.jpg

Drake Sladeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you have a bunch of scary stories that'll keep me awake at night maybe you can post them? I checked on your profile and haven't seen anything scary yet, and your list of fears doesn't seem to apply to me either o.o

Sorry, can't post them as it is against hubpages TOS.

Checked again, some of them were idled. However, there is one called The Labyrinth, Part  IX.  Guess I have to start revamping i.e. adding more pictures to my scary hubs.  But the one I mentioned is featured for now.  There is another one called Mysterious Footsteps, that should keep ye awake for awhile.

2. bethperry profile image90
      bethperryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Once, I went to the grocery store and bought half a dozen pot pies. When I got home I baked them all..but there was NO pot in any of them!!!!

1. Sed-me profile image83
        Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. bBerean profile image61
        bBereanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you think that is scary, you may want to consider a move to Washington or Colorado.  Real POT pies are legal.  Personally, I find that scary.

I thought they were called "brownies."

2. kenneth avery profile image81
    kenneth averyposted 2 years ago

Drake: Read my newest hub: "15 Things to Never Say to a Driving Instructor," I even learned to use photos with this piece. You will certainly not sleep.

3. Jodah profile image86
    Jodahposted 2 years ago

Drake, different things scare different people. I find over time I have found it more and more difficult to be scared...usually psychological thrillers have the most chance of doing it....blood and gore just gets tedious. What type of thing usually scares you. I have a few darker hubs...Stalked By Evil, Mr Sammy's Torture Chamber, Body in the Forest...but they are poetry so may not be what you want.

4. Cheeky Kid profile image93
    Cheeky Kidposted 2 years ago

Well. I've got a hub with some scary games. Hehehe. It's called "Scariest Games on the Internet" and it's at the bottom part. big_smile

5. Melissa Noon profile image93
    Melissa Noonposted 2 years ago

It depends on what you get scared of? For me who loves horror movies and stories I find sinkholes to be the most terrifying thing ever.

I have written some horror stories on here but I like psychological horror more than terror.

Still if you have Facebook there is a lot of horror Facebook pages that is full of clips and shorts and articles and interactive games that can be spooky. When I go back on Facebook I will try and find some of these pages for you.

6. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

Once, when I was about 12 yrs old... my parents left me home alone. I was upstairs watching TV in their room and I heard a giant crash upstairs with me... I was so terrified I called the police. They came and searched the house... do you know what they found? A bulletin board had fallen off my wall and hit the floor. It was just laying there... on the floor... lifeless! Did that FREAK YOU OUT?!!!

Drake Sladeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Woah! You had me on the edge of my seat. I'd love to see the movie to that story! Lol.

Once I was really sick... it was some auto-immune stuff and I was hallucinating. If I could mind meld with you, I could freak your freak.

7. Drake Slade profile image83
    Drake Sladeposted 2 years ago

I'll read poetry. I like Edgar Allan Poe, so maybe I'll like yours.
    I'm not really looking for a game or anything like that, I was just hoping to read some of those little things that people find scary. Since I don't know what scares me, I would have been looking for which story got a reaction out of me, that's all... Was just for fun, not really trying to be analyzed.

1. Jodah profile image86
      Jodahposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Check out this hub I just read...two sentence horror stories, pretty freaky and not mine: http://carrieleenight.hubpages.com/hub/ … or-Stories

2. Warren Curtis profile image80
      Warren Curtisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Check out my story Wonder: a Short story in fear

8. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

Check out my stuffing recipe. It's not really scary, but I could use the hits.

1. bBerean profile image61

Depending on your sausage selection, it could be scary.

I did grind it myself... <Shudder>

1. bBerean profile image61

"...put the lotion in the basket..."

I had to google that. Never saw the movie. lol

2. Warren Curtis profile image80
            Warren Curtisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Lol

9. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 2 years ago

I once wrote a very long poem around Halloween inspired by Poe... i hung it in my cubicle. A few days later i was fired because, "many people thought is was scary and disturbing". I secretly smiled.

10. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

I need to stop watching Dexter. Every one is freaking me out.

working