Creative Writing and Keywords?

1. RyanSmith86 profile image84
    RyanSmith86posted 2 years ago

What I like to write is fiction, science fiction, fantasy, romance, it doesn't really matter, I write pretty much all of it. Though, I have noticed that the stories I've posted here (its just been two or  so, and I think I've taken them both down at this point) have gotten little to no naturally occuring traffic. Basically, unless I posted links too it all over facebook and twitter I got zero traffic. I figured this problem might be do to SEO and Keyword searches. So, I figured I'd come to the experts and ask... how does one combine creative writing with SEO and Keyword savy? Is that even possible and still work out for the piece to feel like something more than a commercial?

The commercial connection is something I've thought of doing before, basically. Take the Dodge Viper for instance. I could easily work an entire sales pitch for such a car into a story about the car and it's owner. But, I'm afraid that it would feel like a commercial, and that's not the direction I want to take my writing in. I want it to feel... natural.

I don't know.

Thank you for any and all advice smile

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

SEO is to bring in traffic that are seeking your material.  The proportion of people seeking fiction of a certain type is fairly fixed.  For SEO to work you would probably also need to be willing to write in popular fiction niches.