Mysterious Passage I wrote

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (22 posts)
  1. Kain 360 profile image92
    Kain 360posted 9 years ago

As an extreme introspective thinker & introvert, I often write strange passages, that quite frankly, I sometimes do not fathom. At various times, I get these thoughts from logic or my emotions.

How would you interpret these words? I am curious to know. smile

The side I wish to land upon is neither. It is the edge I envision & observe introspectively. If I shall enter disintegration & collapse with my philosophies, concepts, theories, esoteric thought patterns, then I still have transcended through the veil of the unseen. The minute flicker of all probability is a gamble, but the signs may prove valid. If my assertions are incorrect, then the wings that I sought to utilize will be futile. Despondency may consume me if I fall from the thin rope I desire to walk, but I must resist that, although the despondent feelings must not be disregarded completely, as they give contrast. There is paradox that exists. External variables must not forestall this one; resisting them (if necessary) is paramount & perhaps fundamentally significant. Internal variables must not become corrupt, or fail due to logic, faith, or various emotional patterns. The sense that many are present inside this embodiment is growing stronger. Their voices echo throughout my subconscious, but fathoming what they speak of is rather difficult to fully decipher. The continuous throwing of the coin onto the surface until it lands upon its edge is a wager, but the only one I will abide by, for it is calling me, and trying to merge with my spiritual essence.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image59
      C.V.Rajanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

sad  sad  hmm  tongue mad yikes

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/9175046_f248.jpg

2. sripoonam profile image61
      sripoonamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well I guess Though it sounds too philosophical , It is way too in depth... Keep Writing U have a long way to go

Kain 360posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it was intentionally written to be deep and not completely direct.

You are interested in spiritualism?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image59
        C.V.Rajanposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sripoonam,

...long way to go and .. end up where?

3. Sed-me profile image80
        Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

That was encouraging. lol

3. CMHypno profile image82
      CMHypnoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The question you have to ask yourself as a writer is will anyone want to read it?  In my experience the most profound truths come in the simplest words and shortest sentences.

Don't try too hard to be 'deep' and interesting.  Don't let the ramble become incoherent and chaotic.  We writers are here to take our ideas and inspirations, bundle them up into packages of words that all can easily understand and then let them loose in the world

You misunderstand, I'm not writing this to publish on some content farm or something. These passages are things I just write sometimes. I have about 5000 words worth of them saved to my computer.

I would never publish this on a content farm like HubPages because there are no keywords and it is not informative.. No one would find it -- just like poetry.

2. Kain 360 profile image92

Also, to be honest, sometimes the reasons I make them so deep and incoherent is because I may not want to reveal specifics so bluntly.

1. Sed-me profile image80
          Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have a question. Is this like a hub or just streaming? Im sure you know, if it were to be put in hub form, you'd want to lose the "&" sign.

No, as I said in previous post, this is not something I would publish anywhere.

4. DreamerMeg profile image81
      DreamerMegposted 9 years agoin reply to this

An interesting passage. I don't think it is free writing, as it is too "considered", you appear to have been thinking deeply, maybe in a reverie, when you wrote that. If I had written that, I would keep it as part of a journal, to look back on and consider whether I could use it, or use some insights or whether I found out what prompted that piece of writing. It is likely that you will be the only one who will ever be able to interpret it and that may take some time or some distance, until you realise or find out what it means. If you decide to keep a journal, why not date each piece and write only on one side of the book. On the other side of the book, write the date again and note down anything that happened that day. It doesn't have to take long, just a few notes to remind yourself of the happenings, thoughts or news of the day.

I keep these saved in word perfect. Yes, I was thinking deeply, however, it was not intentional. I believe I became somewhat emotional which then lead to logical thought & I became pensive.

2. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image84
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 9 years ago

It is stream of consciousness, every phrase though coherent creates an overall impression of incoherence. It seems to be nihilism in pursuit of something new.

Interesting I don't know much about Nihilism, but I suppose this passage may be something of metaphysical Nihilism.

The main point is that I (or anyone) wish to land a coin on the edge, as opposed to heads or tails. This could either be relevant to a choice, path, goal, belief etc. The chance for a coin to land on its edge is extremely rare, but theoretically possible.

"coherent creates an overall impression of incoherence" that would indeed be a paradox.

3. RandallJonas profile image69
    RandallJonasposted 9 years ago

Philosophical introspection is not strange. The issue is simply that Hubpages is a place where people are confined by marketing and structures set in place to not offer a platform for analytic thought. What I see here is that you are in a state of paradox or as some say conflict or fracture. When there are two sides, that does not imply two choices but rather three. Nothing is yes or no all the time. Or black and white. Two truths simultaneously exiting at the same time is possible.

This is simply my interpretation. One thing for sure is that when alone we go to the dark places as the mind simply is not occupied. The mind is incapable of not thinking. It thinks when we sleep. It thinks when awake. This is its job.

Notice when one is distracted by doing things one enjoys, loves, cares for - logic is simply not a way to solve emotional states. All emotional states pass. And if they do not than one is not well and needs to seek aid.

The nature of one's mind is revealed when the mind is silent and stops chattering.

The constant and often negative noise of analysis is fruitless as one can not logically conclude things about emotional states as the emotion directly effects the capacity to think.

When rested, well, stable, and so - we think better and the capacity for logic increases.

The body and mind are both important and not devoid of one another.

Again this is simply my opinion. I may very well be wrong and I am fine with this.

Nice! You are correct in many ways. If I am speaking with a friend or somebody, I am not really as capable going into extreme logical & analytical thinking. It's almost as though I am a different person when going into introspective thinking -- I am literally observing my thoughts to the point where I see images & hear things in my mind (may relate to past, something I have seen etc).

There is a gray area, yes. Nothing truly black and white.

And yes, internal paradox is present.

4. Sam Tumblin profile image70
    Sam Tumblinposted 9 years ago

I see that you are a thinker, maybe introvert, but it still seems ultimately from this peice you are stuck in the middle of thoughts or quote from your first verse "The side I wish to land upon is neither".

5. profile image0
    missiruppposted 9 years ago

Your post looks strangely familiar to me. I had a lot of lyrical and philosophical prose like this in my head when I was younger (around 19-20).  It was very frustrating for me because I never could manage to put it on paper and make sense of it.  It's quite interesting with "The side I wish to land upon is neither," ( wonderful line) and paradoxes, of which has two sides but is the same. Lots to think about.

Yeah, I'm not sure where these words and thoughts are coming from. Sometimes I would feel either feel depressed or just philosophical. Other times, music seemed to influence me with images and words.

Sometimes it feels like I did not even write these when I look at them months later. Perhaps it's because I am more introspective/introverted than most people.

My logic dictates how I write informative articles while my emotions influence these passages.

And thanks. smile

1. profile image0
        missiruppposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I understand. When I was younger, I would stop reading for long periods of time, because if I would read anything of depth, my mind took off. This probably wasn't the best solution, but I didn't know what else to do to shut it off. It really wasn't until I was older and took a lot of writing courses in college, that I was able to get it somewhat under control. The writing courses helped me focus all that information I had in my head. But I am still introspective. It's like most people categorize a lot of information during sleep when they dream and my mind is in overdrive trying to categorize everything while I'm awake.

1. sripoonam profile image61
          sripoonamposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Umm it would be great if you would have written a poetry instead, as your topic is poem and poetry, people would love that more dear

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)