jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Breed Like Maggots

1. 60
    Ack Taneposted 2 years ago

Romans, Ottomans, Nazis, Wasps
    Duplicate until you rot
    Only one plan, breed as fast as you can
    Destroy the Earth don't give a damn

Compare me to Hitler
    Yet you've got eight children
    Did you get your medal
    Was it worth it?
    Congratulations? For copulation?
    Can't you see the dark world that you're paving?

You think you're a better man than me
    Because you've got your own rugby team
    Businessman or benefit scrounger
    You're all the same it's the final hour

Breed like maggots
    Destroy the planet
    There's no hope
    We've all had it

1. bethperry profile image88
      bethperryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Anti-population growth people have my full support to get themselves surgically sterilized. And for those that like to use racist terms like "WASPs", the sooner the better.

1. 60
        Ack Taneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's better to be racist than to starve people to death with overpopulation. All races benefit from a lower overall population.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Great synopsis of large-very large families.  There is really no need  today to have more than 2, maybe 3-4 children.   Large-very large families not only harm, even the environment but harm the family dynamic as well.   The onus of providing socioeconomically falls on the father and the situation becomes more socioeconomically tenuous with each additional child.  The mother is stretched beyond psychological endurance as she really does not possess the wherewithal to give her children the individualized attention they need.  It is quite usual in large-very large families(6 or more children per household) that some children will be waylaided, cast aside, and neglected while some will receive the lion's share of attention. 

This poem is right on target regarding the large-very large family.   Parents who knowingly have large-very large families are concerned about THEIR wants.  Their mantra is that THEY want that large-very large families without being concerned of the ramifications of their acts on their children.  They really do not care about the well-being and the future of their children.

Children in large-very large families tend to be impoverished as there is little monies allocated for the necessities, if that, let alone for anything beyond the necessities.   Children in large-very large families learn to do WITHOUT very early in life.  This is not only socioeconomically but in terms of parental time and attention.  It is quite de rigueur for children in large families to raise themselves and if they are the oldest child, raise/parent the younger siblings.  Life for children in large-very large families is hell.  This poem has eloquently describe large-very large families to a T.   

BTW, breed like maggots is a harsh but figurative way of stating that some people reproduce irresponsibly and without thinking. Instead of saying breed like maggots(very pejorative statement I might add) , say incessantly and mindlessly reproducing.

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9542797.jpg
      EGAD, ENOUGH ALREADY!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Ummmm....Okaaaaaaaayyyyy. Thanks for sharing. I think.

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What does it say about the world today that that doesn't freak us out more than it does?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That we are used to people having opinions?
        That overpopulation issues per se are something we already know about?

Im not sure what you mean. Your sentences seem to oppose one another.

I don't see it.  The poem expresses disgust and fatalism. I see that without sharing it.  It is about over-population.  I am aware of that problem and what various agencies are trying to do about it.  Mainly education and healthcare approaches that give people the security to have small families and the methods to regulate their reproduction.

Let me rephrase that, 'cause Im still confused. What did you think *I meant? smile

I assume "that" referred to OP's post.

3. janesix profile image61
    janesixposted 2 years ago

Maggots don't breed.

1. 60
      Ack Taneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well maybe there's some hope then…

4. R.S. Hutchinson profile image86
    R.S. Hutchinsonposted 2 years ago

You should post in hubs.. good stuff. I'm a fan.

5. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

OP is saying what MOST of us think of and feel about large families but are afraid to say it.  The large family system is totally aberrant; there is NO need for large families today with the globalization of network, social, and support systems.  Family now includes friends and in many cases, friends ARE our family.  Furthermore, children can have companions without the need to reproduce a conglomeration of siblings.  GREAT and SUCCINCT prose!

working