New writer! :) Would you be interested in reading this?

1. Maddy Lawrence profile image61
    Maddy Lawrenceposted 2 years ago

I accidentally posted this question in the wrong discussion section. (I'm new here.) I am currently trying to think of a novel topic/plot and I was wondering if you would read something like this. I'm currently in the middle of writing my first draft:

The novel is about five young teens who all end up in a juvenile detention center together. They struggle to get along at first, but must eventually work together if they want to make a successful escape. Their ages range from 15-17.This would be a Y/A novel smile

So far, 2 of the inmates are innocent teens who have been placed into the juvenile detention center after being accused of things that never happened. Example: One teen girl is thrown into jail when her girlfriend's mother charges her with sexual assault, after the mother found out that the two have been in a committed relationship behind her back. (The mother is a homophobic woman, and just wants the girl who ends up being arrested to stay out of her daughter's life.)

Does my novel sound interesting so far? Would you like to hear updates about it while I progress through the writing process? Thank you for your

2. ashelladyhawke profile image71
    ashelladyhawkeposted 2 years ago

It does not matter if others would read it or not. It is what it matters to you. As long as you are true to yourself, anything you write will be a great accomplishment to yourself. What you have described so far sounds interesting (and I'm a 48 year-old Twilight fan: re YA books). I published a book of poems a few years ago which no one bought, but that's ok. I wrote them and that's all that matters to me. Good thing it didn't sell as 1/3 of my poems on here were in that book--but I didn't put them here until I got my rights to them back. So you see, it REALLY is what matters the most to you and you alone.