jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

just a question

1. Bidd Waxx profile image82
    Bidd Waxxposted 2 years ago

If a hub is. Featured. Does that mean it is actually. Published?

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes it does, but why did you write your sentence with all those periods in between? "If a hub is. Featured. Does that mean it is actually. Published?"

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It can also be "actually published" without necessarily being "featured."  The 'featured' indicator only means that hub has hit the mark required for being considered, "High quality and engaging, can be 'featured' on other hubs, and having the opportunity (not guarantee) to be listed in search engines."

That is more or less a quote/paraphrase of the Hub Pages' explanation of a featured hub, which you will see if you hover your mouse over the 'featured' symbol on any hub; that is, the blacked-in circle with the white "H" in the center to the far right of the screen with the listing of all your hubs.  (Under "my accounts," that is the first screen shown.)

I guess your post was directed at the OP?

2. Bidd Waxx profile image82
          Bidd Waxxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks , everyone  on the site is so responsive,  and informative. Thank you for your help

2. Bidd Waxx profile image82
    Bidd Waxxposted 2 years ago

I did that intentionally because I wanted the words feature and publish to be noticed. Thanks for response. Just finished boot camp and trying to figure everything out. Trial and error. I appreciate your help

No problem and welcome to the community. Yes your hub is 'actually published', but as Ms Lizzy said, it's not necessarily indexed as yet, but being featured tells the search engines that they should crawl and index. Good luck!

1. Bidd Waxx profile image82
        Bidd Waxxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Cardisa, you have been very helpful.  thanks for taking the time to respond to me, as we..

working