jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How I wish I'd written it down ...........?

1. ahorseback profile image50
    ahorsebackposted 23 months ago

I write  a lot of poetry , I write a few short stories  , and without writing them down  I even play song lyrics out in my head . The problem though   is that I drive a lot too !    So I find that just every once in a while  something passes through my mind and I say " I should stop and write that line  down on paper " and  I think , Oh I'll remember that one and kaboom ! It's gone forever !.......ArrrrrrH !

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Problem solved: A voice recorder of some type. Creative people like you must catch your brilliant ideas by recording them as they emerge and form in your mind.
      OKAY?
      Stop losing your thoughts!
      I think a good ol' tape cassette recorder works best. Many musicians are still using these very handy old school devices. Get a good supply of batteries and keep one in yer car.

1. ahorseback profile image50
        ahorsebackposted 23 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Kathryn !   I must confess  , I have one  in my truck somewhere ,     low batteries and all !
        You are right though . Is it the curse of us drivers ?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
          Kathryn L Hillposted 23 months ago in reply to this

It (thinking, creating, dreaming, inventing while driving) is the blessing of drivers!

PS Bless us drivers!
          Bless us all!

Which I do.

So MANY industrious people enduring so many irritations and hardships on the road every single day!

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image55
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 23 months ago

Well at home you should always keep a journal for jotting down ideas that inspire but of course not when you are driving. When driving you might thing of getting a small dictator or something that you can quickly turn on and then record your ideas. I know that when inspiration strikes me if I don't get my ideas written down somewhere then later forget it.

working