jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

How I wish I'd written it down ...........?

1. ahorseback profile image45
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

I write  a lot of poetry , I write a few short stories  , and without writing them down  I even play song lyrics out in my head . The problem though   is that I drive a lot too !    So I find that just every once in a while  something passes through my mind and I say " I should stop and write that line  down on paper " and  I think , Oh I'll remember that one and kaboom ! It's gone forever !.......ArrrrrrH !

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Problem solved: A voice recorder of some type. Creative people like you must catch your brilliant ideas by recording them as they emerge and form in your mind.
      OKAY?
      Stop losing your thoughts!
      I think a good ol' tape cassette recorder works best. Many musicians are still using these very handy old school devices. Get a good supply of batteries and keep one in yer car.

1. ahorseback profile image45
        ahorsebackposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Kathryn !   I must confess  , I have one  in my truck somewhere ,     low batteries and all !
        You are right though . Is it the curse of us drivers ?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image85
          Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It (thinking, creating, dreaming, inventing while driving) is the blessing of drivers!

PS Bless us drivers!
          Bless us all!

Which I do.

So MANY industrious people enduring so many irritations and hardships on the road every single day!

2. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image60
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 2 years ago

Well at home you should always keep a journal for jotting down ideas that inspire but of course not when you are driving. When driving you might thing of getting a small dictator or something that you can quickly turn on and then record your ideas. I know that when inspiration strikes me if I don't get my ideas written down somewhere then later forget it.

working