Novel Book Size and Formatting

1. gposchman profile image88
    gposchmanposted 20 months ago
    I thought about making this a question, but I would rather see a discussion, and get as much input as possible. I am currently reading through the proofs of my second book in the Jonas Watcher series after getting them back from editors and I am fixing and making changes. I publish through Create Space and I was looking through book size options again, and I wondered? I am use to the old paperback size of about 4.25 x 7 inches. I see it is not available with an ISBN number. Currently I am creating the book at 5x8 inches. I have used their template for the book, although it takes me a couple of tries to get it right, but I usually am successful. I should also note I use Open Office and I find it very effective in creating both a doc file and exporting to a PDF.

2. chowchowgrl profile image59
    chowchowgrlposted 20 months ago

I've never self-published so I want to eavesdrop onto your discussion to learn. Hope you don't mind. What proofreading programs do you use?

1. gposchman profile image88
      gposchmanposted 20 months ago in reply to this

I have a couple of spell checkers that do a pretty good job. I use the one in Open Office, and then I will use the internet. And then I will use Hub Pages posts. I will take a section I have just written and copy it into Hub pages. I fix the errors and I return it to open office. The truth is my best proofreader is my Doctor. I don't use any programs, but I am going to check some out. I'll let you know what I think.

I hope this forum helps you.

Gene Poschman