jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

When Do You Do Your Best Writing

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image90
    Jacqueline4390posted 18 months ago

Some people do their best writing during the early morning hours. That way the house is quiet and they are fresh from having a good night's sleep. Others find time after everyone has gone to bed and they can relax with their laptops and unwind with the thoughts of the day behind them. Maybe you prefer noonday when you can journey to your favorite spot and let the environment induce you.

What is YOUR favorite time of day for writing?

1. Pollyanna Jones profile image98
      Pollyanna Jonesposted 18 months ago in reply to this

Mid morning, with a large coffee!

However, it is essential for me to get blocks of time with no interruptions whatsoever to be at my best. Typically it takes me 8 hours to finish a Hub, but if I get a quiet morning I can get one done in half that time.

It's hard for me to find quiet mornings though, so usually I end up writing in the evening between 21:00 - 22:00. Those type of writing slots always result in lots of reading through and tweaking before clicking Publish. My brain is very tired that time of day!

2. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 18 months ago

Between the latest HP newsletter and other things, yours truly has just implemented a new rule. Every morning as I'm starting my first cup of coffee, I'll open my latest hub project in edit mode. I will then leave it open for the entire day; my objective being that several times during the day I will flit by and add something. Then sooner or later I will inevitably have a new hub to publish.

3. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 18 months ago

Because I'm busy during the day, nighttime ends up being the best time for me to write. I think if I didn't have business obligations, I would feel good writing at anytime. But being the night owl I am, I can get a wind of energy at 2:00am and write a hub.

4. clivewilliams profile image82
    clivewilliamsposted 18 months ago

best time to write is when the idea is tingling in your head and you are excited to put it on net. Thats the best time as your ideas just keep on flowing.

1. paradigm search profile image80
      paradigm searchposted 18 months ago in reply to this

I've been that way with my flash fiction endeavors. It is truly fun!

1. sallybea profile image96
        sallybeaposted 18 months ago in reply to this

The best time is when I am all fired up and have all the images I need to complete a project.