jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

E-Book Publishing

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 17 months ago

Hi, folks--

If you were going to publish a book of poetry, would you have a particular platform you'd recommend, one over another?

Book Tango?

Or, is there another of which I'm unaware that would serve better for poetry?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 17 months ago

Poetry is generally not much of a seller.  The first place to be is Amazon, the easiest way to do that is Kindle direct. But if you want a one stop shop something like draft2digital or smashwords will put the book on Amazon and many other sites for a small fee.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 17 months ago

Create Space is owned by Amazon and they gave me great support when I published a book with them. They also make it easy to create the Kindle version from your paperback since it's all connected with Amazon. They also make it easy to apply for a Library of Congress Control Number, which I see many self-publishing authors neglect to do. 

I also used Lulu for a prior book, but they have poor support and they made mistakes with global distribution that took a long time to correct.

So I recommend Create Space, having had experience with both.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image85
    Kathleen Cochranposted 17 months ago

I've published four books (including a book of poetry) with CreateSpace.  It was my third vendor and I found it far better than the other two, AuthorHouse and Lulu.