jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

E-Book Publishing

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image93
    DzyMsLizzyposted 2 years ago

Hi, folks--

If you were going to publish a book of poetry, would you have a particular platform you'd recommend, one over another?

Smashwords?
    Create-Space?
    Book Tango?

Or, is there another of which I'm unaware that would serve better for poetry?

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Poetry is generally not much of a seller.  The first place to be is Amazon, the easiest way to do that is Kindle direct. But if you want a one stop shop something like draft2digital or smashwords will put the book on Amazon and many other sites for a small fee.

3. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

Create Space is owned by Amazon and they gave me great support when I published a book with them. They also make it easy to create the Kindle version from your paperback since it's all connected with Amazon. They also make it easy to apply for a Library of Congress Control Number, which I see many self-publishing authors neglect to do. 

I also used Lulu for a prior book, but they have poor support and they made mistakes with global distribution that took a long time to correct.

So I recommend Create Space, having had experience with both.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 2 years ago

I've published four books (including a book of poetry) with CreateSpace.  It was my third vendor and I found it far better than the other two, AuthorHouse and Lulu.

working