jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Thanking my poetry friends here on HP

1. Missy Smith profile image87
    Missy Smithposted 13 months ago

I just wanted to thank all my poetry friends for the support yesterday on the forum conversation that seemed to get out of hand with a lot of misunderstandings. You that know me well here, knew what I was trying to get across, and I appreciate that so much.smile

I've decided that I wouldn't post anything today, just because I did get completely stressed out yesterday. One thing the others that don't know me here were right about was that I'm too sensitive. This is true, but I really like that about myself, and I find most people who write poetry are sensitive people. It's a refreshing quality to have in the world we live in today. However, that's just my opinion.

Faith Reaper, I see that you have left me some wonderful comments on my poetry lately and I promise to respond tomorrow and visit your page as well. You are a lovely person with such uplifting stories, even if it's a recipe, you incorporate such "faith" into everything you write smile

Jodah, I see that you wrote a new Cackleberry Farm hub, and I can't wait to read it. I will also do that tomorrow. Your positivity and great advice always keeps me focused on what is important to me as a writer. Thank you so much!

Frank, Dana,Darius,GypsyLee, and others whom I've met here, thank you for all your support.

I feel very blessed that I have found you all here on HP, it's like I've found a second family. Thanks Again! smile

I sure hope I post this one in the correct forum this time. Fingers crossed!! Lol

1. Jodah profile image87
      Jodahposted 13 months ago in reply to this

Thanks for the acknowledgement Missy, that's all we need from time to time and it means a lot. You are doing the right thing in taking a break from HP for a day and let it all blow over. Come back refreshed tomorrow and start anew. Hub Pages is a great place for poets to write and get feedback from those who appreciate it. It isn't all about views and money. There are those who just don't understand our psyche no matter how much we try to explain it.

2. RJ Schwartz profile image93
    RJ Schwartzposted 13 months ago

We all have "those days" when everything goes wrong, or nothing goes right.  I'm not totally sure how the words that come from our mouths so often get distorted or hurt someone's feelings, perhaps that is why we write (and then pray our intentions are more clear on the page.)  I've read what you write and can see that you should just chalk it up to a bad day. You have much more to offer this community and should let the collective energy, of those who know you well and some from those who are just getting to know you, feed your soul, recharge your psyche, and when you are ready, once again let your aura radiate and share that energy back.  We poets live in a symbiotic circle and can all feel the angst of the outside world from time to time - don't despair and certainly don't give up.

3. Faith Reaper profile image86
    Faith Reaperposted 13 months ago

My pleasure, dear Missy.  Aw, that is so sweet of you to say.  Writing poetry is a beautiful gift that so many enjoy to read, and I do enjoy reading your poetry.  You are truly gifted and don't allow anyone to tell you otherwise.  I don't write here for money, as I just write from the heart.  I had a similar experience on a forum a couple of years ago when I asked about writing and they pretty much told me the same thing ...but did I listen, no.  In fact, I wrote a hub about writing from the heart and had so much support.  Then I won a Hubbie a couple of years in a row ...so, there you go.  I kept on with my writings from the heart which bring me so much joy, and apparently many love to read them as I always receive a tremendous amount of comments on poetry or whatever.  So, you just keep on writing your lovely poetry until your heart's content.  Enjoy a relaxing night, darlin'.