jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Memory

1. threekeys profile image83
    threekeysposted 4 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13162335.jpg
    I not long read a interesting question to me. I wanted to see what your views are. Do you think poetry or musical lyrics were introduced into so one could memorize and retain information?

1. erorantes profile image35
      erorantesposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Some experts said or people who study musical instruments that practicing makes memory alert to learn new subjects or to remember things. I personal think that practicing any instrument help the memory.  I am glad; you asked this question mister three keys.

threekeysposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Interesting:)

2. Paxash profile image89
    Paxashposted 4 months ago

Before written language, chants and songs were used to help pass along information from generation to generation and to make sure they would actually retain it. Putting information into the form of poetry or lyrics would likely make the information easier to remember than just trying to memorize something without that kind of organization. (And as someone who suffers from terrible memory, I can confirm that I can remember plenty of songs just fine, but have a much harder time with anything else.)

threekeysposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Rhythm behind the words makes it pleasurable..... ....memory is helped for sure:)

working