jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Anyone from Mumbai, India or has a family and friends in Mumbai

1. Sanket Chavan profile image65
    Sanket Chavanposted 2 months ago

If anyone has any family or friends in Mumbai, India pls ask them to join us at powai and marol gates of aarey colony on 12 Dec, 10.00 am in our effort to Save Aarey.
    http://hubpages.com/literature/Heaven-must-be-green

2. colorfulone profile image88
    colorfuloneposted 2 months ago

I read your hub, Aarey, and checked out "Save Aarey" on Twitter.  I truly hope that the efforts of the people to save the green lush land that is left will be a victory.  I also grew up surrounded by forests, and returned to my roots a few years ago. I love it.  It cannot imagine having to defend the lush forests and big timbers surrounding me.  I'm very sad that you and your community are having to do so. 

I saw some recent news article headlines about a 'helicopter crash' there.  Is that somehow related?

1. Sanket Chavan profile image65
      Sanket Chavanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I am grateful to you for taking some time and searching for the cause against which we are fighting. Yes, your search was accurate, the helicopter crash occured today around noon near 'Royal Palms'  a real estate whose highest point and widest distance is a testimony to the amount of corruption on which it was built.

I sincerely hope we are able to prevent the construction of metro shed in aarey. Just to make you familiar with the issue the land comes under protected land by law but government wants to flatten nearly 100 acres of protected land for the project. When the people protested it formed a committee to determine the status of the land on which the project is to be constructed, in its report the committee stated that there are no protected species on the particular patch of land, when from that very patch two new species of spiders are discovered, we have given them the evidence that the patch of land is a habitat of an endangered reptile, Indian Rock Python(protected), also the territory of leopards(protected). Yet, the gov't is taking steps to destroy the land.

1. colorfulone profile image88
        colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Fighting government land grabs are nightmares here as well.  They don't always make mainstream news, and when they do patriotic citizens protesting can be made out to be terrorists or somehow violent when they are not. We've had some shot and others imprisoned only to be found not guilty of all charges later. 

I can empathize with you, and hope that your protected land will remain protected from the powerful corrupt.  They can make it difficult to enjoy each day as if it were your last, but do it anyway.  Life is short.   

Would be lovely to preserve the forest for the creatures, and for the next generations.

3. surajbhantiwari profile image61
    surajbhantiwariposted 2 months ago

मन की बात,
    ठन्ड बढ़ गई है जल्द कमल का वितरण करें ऐसा न हो कोई Bad

1. colorfulone profile image88
      colorfuloneposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Oh please, give the English interpretation.  Its kind of a rule to do that so everyone can read your comment.  I am curious.

working