The Average Hubber Writes How Often?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (51 posts)
  1. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

On average is it one a day, two a day? I get hubbers block and can't write as often as I would like to. Just curious. My rankings are good so far I think. Thanks

1. LRobbins profile image45
      LRobbinsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I write 1-2 hubs a week and then other writing on top of that.

2. profile image0
      loriamooreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm wondering the same thing.  I have things to write about, but every time I post a new hub, it makes my rankings go down, so now I hesitate to add new ones.

2. jacobkuttyta profile image44
    jacobkuttytaposted 14 years ago

That is up to your time.  If you have lot of time you can write one in a day

3. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

This statistic is about as useful as average temperature across the hospital big_smile

4. Dale Mazurek profile image63
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Because of my affiliate business and everything else going on in my world I only write one every few days.  I am however working on getting that number up as time goes on.

5. K Partin profile image60
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

I write according to how much time I have first, and second picking a good topic for me at the time. 30 hubs in 30 days is like way out of reach at this point.....

6. Gennifer profile image53
    Genniferposted 14 years ago

I'm too busy to write everyday - I study at the university and work, so unfortunately I write nearly one hub in a week...

K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's good better than no hubs right?? smile

1. Gennifer profile image53
        Genniferposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, certainly! I like writing, it brings me satisfaction and pleasure and also it's a way to improve my English, that's by the way another reason why I publish hubs not so often - it takes me far more time to write a hub than to an English speaking person, but I try to do my best... smile

So far so good!

7. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

I don't know if you'll get a real answer to this question; it might be best to ask it of other writing sites other than HP. hmm

I don't think that there are very many AVERAGE HUBBERS here: From what I've seen the bulk of HP Hubbers are ABOVE Average smile

1. profile image0
      \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

very well said ....... you are brilliant did i tell you that before, somewhere else

2. K Partin profile image60

Absolutely!!

3. Paradise7 profile image70
      Paradise7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Pearldiver, that's a GOOD answer. smile

8. Helen Cater profile image61
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

I write when I get the urge becuse otherwise I would feel under pressure.

9. magou profile image60
    magouposted 14 years ago

hello everyone,

I am new to hubing,but I think the main point is to write something that makes you feel good, that you feel is interesting and gets you all passionate.
    It doesnt matter if it's one or two or a hundred and two a week, what matters is that you feel good about what you wrote

10. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Sometimes I write three in one day... sometimes one a week. It depends on my schedule.

11. Kim Cantrell profile image59
    Kim Cantrellposted 14 years ago

Since I write (mostly) book reviews, I only write when I've finished a book.

One the rare occasion, I may post a how-to.

So there is no rhyme or reason to my posts.

12. manlypoetryman profile image80
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Although...not a direct answer to your forum post...I got'ta say it: "Writer's Write!" I would write 24/7...as long as the inspiration...or at least 1/2 of the inspiration was there!

For Hubs...my ideal amount would be a new poem every other day...but then...this crazy thing called "having a life" keeps getting in the way of that! lol

1. cally2 profile image60
      cally2posted 14 years agoin reply to this

"having a life"? that sounds useful how do you get one of those?

13. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 14 years ago

There are 96,700 users now registered with HubPages.  Based on those statistics, the "average" site user doesn't hardly make Hubs at all.

If web statistics are running true on this site, the group that is most active (meaning people in the forums and making Hubs) is only going to represent about 10% of the overall users.  No one answering in this thread is an "average user."

1. profile image0
      BookFlameposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is very helpful info! Where did you get it?

1. zadrobi profile image60
        zadrobiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm sure she was able to deduce those facts on her own.

2. profile image49
      HealthTipposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of that 96,700 most join and never write a hub, about near a half write one and never return. I certainly wouldn't base any stats on the number of hub members. Now if we actually  had the figure of actual hub users who write on a regular basis maybe that would stand up.

Me I usually write a hub once every 3 days or more often if I ain't as lazy as I usually am.

14. dineane profile image82
    dineaneposted 14 years ago

After writing about 35 in 30 days for the first hubchallenge, I've written nothing all summer! I'm hoping to get a few things off my plate soon, though, and have more time again for writing.

15. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

Maybe every other day, as a lot of Hubbers have other sites they write for or have their own Blogs.

16. forlan profile image59
    forlanposted 14 years ago

I used to write one hubs a day. I have written two hubs in a day. Today, I have no time to write a hub a day so i write a hub for three day. Tomorrow, i will write a hub a day

17. emdi profile image64
    emdiposted 14 years ago

I write 2-3 hubs in a week.

18. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

I've been here 10+ days and only have 3 hubs. I take my time and need to be inspired.

I write what I want, yet try to cater to the audiences.

I wish I were more prolific, but for me it is quality over quantity. I wish I was one of those who could do both!

19. view profile image72
    viewposted 14 years ago

Well for me it depends on mood and inspiration when I am free.

20. vancouver profile image41
    vancouverposted 14 years ago

when i find a subject that im interested in i find it easy to write hubs otherwise i find myself in the same boat, usually its things that interest me, or things that i have knowledge in that i want to share

21. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

I promised myself to write 1 hub in 2 days, but it's not that easy sometimes. You need the inspiration first, then things will start to flow.
    A problem i have is  when i have too many ideas, i get stuck not knowing which one to start on. When that happens, i find that it may take days to write a hub.
    I need things like the hubchallenge to really give me a push.
    Im only prolific when i'm under pressure. Strange isn't it? smile

22. thranax profile image72
    thranaxposted 14 years ago

normally between 2-14 a week for most hubbers.

~thranax~

23. dmvphotooutings profile image60
    dmvphotooutingsposted 14 years ago

I am new to hubpages and I am going to aim for one article every 3-4 days, however, I am interested in attempting the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge. We'll see!

24. bill yon profile image72
    bill yonposted 14 years ago

When I first started it was like three or four a week,but I recently decided to go back to school so now it's more like one every two or three months.I make a lot of landing pages with photos and videos now just for fun,but as far as writing I should have something finished by december.its a time thing.

25. ixwa profile image77
    ixwaposted 14 years ago

I write whenever I have an epiphany-

26. RedSonja94 profile image59
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I am trying to write one at least twice a week, but having a family makes that hard to do sometimes.  As the kids get older I find myself with more time to write.

27. Leop profile image60
    Leopposted 14 years ago

I just write whenever time allows. sometime I write 2 a day. I just started I want to make sure I am writing decent content, don't want to rush.

28. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

I don't say "ok, i'm going to write 5 hubs this week!"

I just write a hub when I get a good idea...

29. Ebower profile image80
    Ebowerposted 14 years ago

Hmm...I think I average two hubs a day.  This isn't a goal of mine, though; I usually just happen to come up with the ideas at random times during the day.

30. profile image0
    Go Writerposted 14 years ago

Fornever.

Been a while.

31. Hope Wilbanks profile image67
    Hope Wilbanksposted 14 years ago

At one point, I was writing about 10-15 articles (around 400 words each) a day (freelance work). When I finally burned myself out, I started writing whenever I felt like it. I'm sure I could produce a lot more than I do, but I don't force it.

32. The Rope profile image59
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I write in spurts.  I participate daily.  I find if I "force" the writing (of non-technical data), the quality goes down.  I thought I had learned this lesson long ago but just did it two days ago and sure enough, not my usual standard.  My articles tend to be around 600/700 words but flow naturally.  If it doesn't flow, I know to leave it alone for another time.

33. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 14 years ago

The Average Hubber Writes How Often?

I just started a week ago and already wrote three hubs. I may not necessarily keep up with that frequency since I only write when I have something meaningful to say. I agree with what The Rope said in his/her post...you definitely don't want to force it. I also think that one's writing flows better when one writes from feeling. A good example is how I published my first hub. I was talking with a friend on the phone about his concern for his job in a company hurt by the recession. I tried to give him advise, and after I hung up the phone, I thought about hubpages and quickly turned to my computer to write everything I just spoke about on the phone. 

That was not forced. And it came from the heart while still fresh in my mind. So I think it helped make it flow. And it was something that could be helpful for anybody else in the same predicament.

When writing that way, we never know if we will end up writing one a day, one a week, or whatever...but at least the hubs written that way will have quality.

34. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

A lot of this depends on the motivation of the hubber. I'm here to make lots of money by selling things. So I created a sales plan and everyday I write at least 1 hub to sell something. Some would argue that marketing copy isn't creative - I would argue it takes an equal amount of thought to do it well.

But I can see that those hubbers here for creative writing face writers block and creativity issues, so they don't write as much.

There's also hubbers who have a lot of other committments, either off-line or online which make it hard to write frequently. Even though I work full-time online - I can't devote a full day to hubpages most days and keep up with all of my other sites.

So it does vary a lot. Then there's the folks who just want to play a bit and write a hub every now and then. And that's okay too. Everyone needs a hobby.

35. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

When I came to HubPages, I set out a goal of 40 Hubs to get myself started. I reached it in my first 30 days. and haven't written as much.

I did however, experience something new...I had to fulfill a request of PrettyDarkHorse. Her question "Why are you intelligent?", which was interesting. I guess I could have answered just the question, without making a Hub about it, but the motivation it gave me to write another Hub, was refreshing.

Just my thoughts. I'll be more than likely adding more, because I have 3 unpublished Hubs ready to go, but I'm not exactly finished, as pertaining to Hubs that are attached. So, when I do, I will get more out.

36. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

As often as we desire many of us also work on other wonderful projects. I commend those who write here every single day! smile

37. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

i have written a hub each time i finish one.

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You don't say. Hmm......I think we've all done that. At least once...lol

38. pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

that was designed to be comical...cagsil.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)