jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

First Children's Book

1. RickyDLV profile image68
    RickyDLVposted 7 years ago

I am having my first children's book illustrated right now. It's a collection of Haiku that tell a story of redemption. Any pro's out there that know where I should submit for publishing?

1. heatherleeann profile image60
      heatherleeannposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That is great good luck Getting it published that is very exciting what is the name of it so we can look for it on shelfs? Heahter

2. furbysmama profile image61
      furbysmamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you're ever doing one for personal pleasure instead of sales take a look at what I did with mine. It's written in the style I grew up on in the 1960's. Its at http://www.furbytheferalfeline.shutterfly.com.

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Check out Uninvited Writer, she's done well with her children's book.

3. tiginban profile image61
    tiginbanposted 6 years ago

Maybe check out Amazon to see who the publishers of haiku books are, who publishes children's poetry or illustrated books.
    Best of luck . I love haiku.

4. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I took a course in childrens literature and how to write it, through the univ. of Conn.  Actually the marketing is the hardest part.  Unless you have your book in a perfect manuscript form, complete with a letter of introduction etc. no publisher will even look at it.  I suggest that you either get someone to edit it for you, or look up someone to represent you and get you going in the right direction it is extremely hard to just do it yourself.  Perhaps if you look into some of the publishing magazines it might help

5. Indigestion profile image61
    Indigestionposted 6 years ago

You could try with one of the publishers like Lulu.com...

Not too much of a money-maker, but it is a start.

6. 0
    loriamooreposted 6 years ago

My limited experience is with Tate Publishing.  I actually signed a contract with them just last week for a children's book I just wrote.  You might want to check them out.

7. 60
    Colin Hayviceposted 6 years ago

Hi Ricky DLV

As far as I know (well here in Australia) all publishers of childrens picture books use their own illustrators.

But best of luck

Regards Colin

8. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 6 years ago

Best of luck! I really like to see poetry books for children succeeding. I met a poet who wrote a really awesome book like that once. Don't know how well it has done, but he did succeed in getting it published.

9. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I self pub'd a children's book. You can find it on Amazon under my name as author. It isn't cheap getting your book printed, but I've made up my investment +.