jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

1. Itswritten profile image61
    Itswrittenposted 7 years ago

This is something I just went through today and I wanted to share it with you guys. Hubpages is my new exstended family I say that life is all stories and when you live you can write.Renard Sharif McCreary

Do you think cops should change evidence to make a charge stick more even without evidence.Police make decisions that could  possbly get the criminal more time and you were the victim of the crime that was commited.What would you do?

Select one and send me back a message, thanks.

A:Tell the truth.
    B:Don't press charges.
    C:Go along with the Police story to the prosecutor.

2. rsmallory profile image85
    rsmalloryposted 7 years ago

absolutely, tell the truth.

1. Paradise7 profile image85
      Paradise7posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Big ditto here.  I wouldn't want to be responsible for telling a lie on a sworn affadavit if I were you.  That can have some unforseen repercussions on YOU!

Aside from that, the truth is best in just about every situation.  I can't think of a situation right now where a lie serves anyone better. cool

3. azraelsbane profile image60
    azraelsbaneposted 7 years ago

Truth. Especially when dealing with the life of yourself and others. I would hate to lie and have that weighing down on my conscience.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

It is not the job of police to first be judge and jury, decide what should happen, and then alter evidence to try to make that happen.  That make stink in a lot of cases, but it's not how the system is supposed to work.

Most people know how the truth doesn't matter much in court cases; so I think it's the role of the police, the victims, and anyone else involved in any case to aim to make sure that the truth IS brought out in court (no matter which lawyers try to hide it).