jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (49 posts)

Novemeber National Writing Month

1. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Well I just signed up for this so if anyone on here is doing this as well please add me as a buddy on the NaNoWriMo website. And of course I am known as Crazdwriter.

Hope to see you guys there. ADD ME! smile

1. 0
      poetlorraineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

can u let me know more about this, sounds brill.....

2. Gemsong profile image85
      Gemsongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You have been added big_smile

2. 0

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

there is the website that I have joined up on. and it is a nonprofit website that helps push you to write a novel in just a month. They said not to worry about grammer and all of that, since that is what you'll do in December. but they say to try and write the entire month starting Nov. 1 and you have until Nov 30th midnight to write a fill length novel, 50,000 word count, and it's basically a challenge to see if you can write a whole novel in a month.

My frist time doing it and I decided why not? I'm going to try it out. I have already my husband's support as well as some friends support as well. I know some of the other hubbers are dong it as well.

3. 0
    poetlorraineposted 7 years ago

thanks so much will look in to it ,you are a great girl...xx

4. 0

Of course my mom says that I shouldn't waste my time and to concentrate on finding a  job. but I want to do this challenge and I'm going to do it as well. No support there I'm afraid. sad

1. 0
      Scott.Lifeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'd love to be looking for a job someone tell me where they are here in east Tennessee. In the meantime since my classes don't start until January then I am committed to wasting time.

1. zadrobi profile image60
        zadrobiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad to see you decided to go back to school, Scott!
        As I recall, you are Premed too. Maybe I'll see you at work someday smile

1. 0

Yeah I'm starting a pre-med program at a state college then transferring to a University after I receive my associates. It's not going to be easy though I have a record, but the med-schools and licensing board tell me it can be done, I just need to be honest and upfront about it, since it was not drug related or violent i should be okay, and by the time I get to med-school it will be 12 years in the past so wish me luck.

2. 0
        Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

YAY SCOTT! So glad to hear about classes. now you can have fun writing hubs about the classes and how you are ready for it to end already. LMAO!

Are you doing the Month writing thing too?

1. 0

I'm going to try, I've already put down about 10,000 words on word, so we'll see.

1. 0

Sweet! Hey if you are signed up on that website buddy me!

1. 0

Done and done, my user name is Scott.lifeproject

1. Gemsong profile image85

I buddied you too. big_smile

2. 0
      poetlorraineposted 7 years ago in reply to this

i get no support from my family either.... i am beginning to think writing is some kind of calling, so we need to support each other...... ignore family members who are negative, and hey  you go for it girl.....

1. 0

Thanks poet, I am going to go for it...shoot we want to move down south from where we lvie so all I can really do is just find preschools. Can't really do anything else for searching on jobs. but eh she suports my writing just wants me to get a job. lol

And yes I will support my fellow writers 110% big_smile

3. wrenfrost56 profile image81
      wrenfrost56posted 7 years ago in reply to this

She won't be saying that when a publisher want's to snap up your work! wink

1. 0

lol wren taht is true. She supports my writing just right now she wants me to find a job...

hey are you doing it?

1. wrenfrost56 profile image81

I am glad you have her support it's so important. smile
          I am checked it out yesterday and am seriously thinking about it, it might be the kick I need to get my book finished. Or I may start something compleatly different, I really don't know. smile

4. LRobbins profile image78
      LRobbinsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good luck!  It's very admirable that you're taking this on.  It will be quite an accomplishment when you're done!  I looked into doing it but decided not this year.

5. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

That sounds pretty schweet CW! I'm happy to see you back around smile If I wasn't in school already writing my brains out I'd do it with you-- sounds very inspirational.

1. 0

Hey Zadrobi I missed seeing yer comments dude. smile Hope school is going well.

I'm about to leave work ( the reason I"m on here hehehe) but quickly-- how was the dogsitting CW?

6. 0

went well my friends also kept me out and about and busy so it was a lot of fun with bonfires and pot lucks and bowling and stuff like that. smile Of course I had missed my hubby that entire time sad but he came down on Thursday so I was again happy lol

have fun at work zadrobi

7. 0

very cool I'll buddy you as well.

And wren I say do it. You have our support and we can push you to do it too. When you do sign up tell me your name so I can buddy you too.

If I do sign up, it will be under wrenfrost56 and I will buddie you. it's 50.000 words right?

8. 0

yep 50,000 words...that number scares me lol but I think I can do it...I hope I can do it lol.

LOL! That is a scary number however I'm sure you'll do just fine. Good luck smile

1. 0

Thanks wren. Hope you do it too smile

2. Flightkeeper profile image80
      Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Crazd I think this is a great idea...you found a way to get off your butt!!!

1. 0

HAHA Actually Flightkeeper it's a way to keep myself on my butt! HAHA since I'll be writing and sitting on the couch lol

9. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

By the way Crazd, what's a Novemeber? wink

1. 0

Novemeber is a word lol e and I are best friends HAHAH he hoped in without telling me LMAO

10. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

Just put a lot of Uhhhhhh's in there smile

11. 0

lmao Zadrobi. can't do that my imagination would scream in agony. lmao

When a character dies you can put AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHggglllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *cough *cough wwwiiiiiiissssspppppp eeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

12. 0

HAHAHAHAHA Zadrobi again my imagination would never let me do that either. I have to go into fuller details. that is why I am nervous about writing next month because of the simple fact my imagination wants to describe in detail of that is happening.
    Hence why I can't write children books.

13. 0

Thanks Gemsong. Now we can be each other's support for next month.

14. dave272727 profile image61
    dave272727posted 7 years ago

I just signed up as dave272727 on the site.  Hopefully it all goes well and good luck to all!!

I have buddied you. I expect great things from you.

1. dave272727 profile image61
        dave272727posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I will do my best!!

15. dave272727 profile image61
    dave272727posted 7 years ago

Has anyone decided on a title or a subject yet?

My title is: Shadow Shine. Working title.
      It is  paranormal romance set in modern times in the fictional town of Oakview Virginia.

1. dave272727 profile image61
        dave272727posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sounds like a winner to me!  I have not decided on a title yet.  I am still working on that.  I have my characters down more or less and it is going to be adventure/thriller set partly in Columbia and the rest is in various places around the world.

2. 0
      Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yikes, it starts tomorrow!  smile lol

Yeah, what are people's book titles and basic ideas?

My title is "The Sutler."  It will be historical fiction, along the lines of "Cold Mountain" (ha..yeah, hopefully, wink) and based on the lives of 2 brothers who settled in AZ in the 1800's.  One of which built the house I live in.

Sounds interesting Lita. I look forward to seeing the except. What is your user name there and I'll buddy you.

1. 0
          Leta Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I believe (?) it is just my name, same as here.  smile lol New to it.

16. emievil profile image84
    emievilposted 7 years ago

Good luck Crazd and all the other hubbers who signed up. Keep us all posted smile.

17. Sexy jonty profile image58
    Sexy jontyposted 7 years ago

I don't write .... I only upload photos .... sad ......

working