jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Any Chuck Palahniuk fans here.

1. onlyatjamart profile image59
    onlyatjamartposted 6 years ago

The past couple of months I have been obsessively reading Chuck Palahniuk novels. So far it has been Survivor, Pygmy, Lullaby, Fight Club, Invisible Monsters, Choke, and Haunted. I am new to HubPages, and am looking for others who share the same interests. Feel free to contact me.

2. theageofcake profile image78
    theageofcakeposted 6 years ago

Mr. Palahniuk has been on my To Read list for awhile now.  Like many college aged males, I liked the movie version of Fight Club, but have no experience with his work outside of that. 

Can you recommend a book to start with?

3. onlyatjamart profile image59
    onlyatjamartposted 6 years ago

If you liked the Fight Club movie, read the book. It's only around 200 pages, and it took me like 2 days to read. You'd be surprised to see how much of the narrative in the movie is pure Palahniuk. My first book was Survivor, and I became hooked, now I am on book number 9 of his.

4. 0
    Citrus000posted 6 years ago

Yes! I just finished reading Choke. smile
    I read the book, watched the movies months later, and just finished the book for the second time.  The book, i felt, was much better than the movie!
    I also really liked Survivor, and Fight Club.

5. bat115 profile image76
    bat115posted 6 years ago

Survivor is a modern literary classic... I've read em all. heck, all his books are classics. It's hard to choose which is best.