jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Are there any professional biography writers in Hubpages?

1. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

Since there is not a category for Authors, I am asking this question in this one.
    I have read hubs from many good writers here on Hubpages. Have seen a few who list as being published as writers.
    I am looking for someone who has suggestion for a professional writer to help write a christian biography.
    Anyone of you writers have suggestions?

1. Carmen Borthwick profile image81
      Carmen Borthwickposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wrote [about 30] semi-biographical profiles, for women mostly, for roaringwomen.ca. I interviewed a few Christian women, but the bottom line is... an interview is an interview which translates into a biography. If I can help just let me know.

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Carmen. I have thought about this for a few years now. It would fit Christian category for books. And I am sure it would be controversial, but...the truth about some things always is. My personal story I want written is not an attack on Christianity, but...what is wrong with it today as it relates to the people of Chrisianity. Have lived through it and I believe my experience could open some eyes to Christian behavior. The end result would be to help resolve the problems of people's actions as a "so-called" Christian and what a real Christian should be.

2. deafy05 profile image60
      deafy05posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have been searching one for myself as well.  Im not getting much luck but here are some publishers company:
      *ofairley@dorrancepublishing.com < they will send you information
      *Krista Motley - Associate to Founder
      Dr Richard Tate
      Tate Publishing & Enterprises, LLC and their address:
      127 East Trade Center Terrace, Mustang, OK 73064-4421

You just have to keep looking like I do.  I dont know why this is hard to find but Im thinking how did Stephen King, Clive Owen, and some other celebrities got their books publish.

author myself as well - paula

3. editmasters profile image62
      editmastersposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Mike;

Yes, not only am I a writer of biographies, I'm a Christian.

4. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

get a good, trustworthy editor. i have editied lots of manuscripts and formatted them in Word and made indices and TOCs for people. if you are interested and need an editor, ping me. good luck!

2. drej2522 profile image86
    drej2522posted 6 years ago

me...damnit..no, I'm not..

Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, I wish I was! Then I wouldn't need to find a real one.

3. Michael Willis profile image76
    Michael Willisposted 6 years ago

When you use yourself in a story, it is best to have an outside writer to be able to present the story in a more unbiased way. Personally involved with the writing would be like a doctor doctoring himself! Not a good idea.

4. christopherchance profile image61
    christopherchanceposted 6 years ago

Do it yourself. A biographer can only work on the answers you give. It is your story, you do it. Believe me, you'll feel a lot better when you finish it... especially if it gets published.
    Good luck with it.

5. Jane Abao profile image61
    Jane Abaoposted 6 years ago

Christian biography, you said?

Which is Christian? The writing or the subject of the biography?

For the latter, zero in on showing why he is Christian. Show - not tell.

I hope this helps.

6. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd chime in...I haven't gotten any biographies published, but I have been writing professionally for ten years (full-time the last three years). I have written a couple of book-length family memoirs, which are fairly close to biographies. The material for these comes from interviews with surviving family members, journals, documents and family trees, and world history that might have caused changes in the family (i.e. immigrations, increased numbers of deaths at young ages, etc.). As far as I know these were never published, but used as keepsakes for the members of each family. I'd love to have the chance to write a biography smile.