jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

why write if you have a choice?

1. Shakespril profile image60
    Shakesprilposted 6 years ago

What if you have been given a chance to choose a different path in life, if that happens, would you still continue your career as a writer or would you just make yourself a millionaire as an entrepreneur?

1. Jackson Riddle profile image70
      Jackson Riddleposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Make millions then retire at the age of 30 and then write.

2. 0
    Dominique Tengposted 6 years ago

Why not write a super bestseller, make millions, and then retire to write...

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

I have always had 'different paths' or jobs other than writing, but the writing goes on whatever else I am doing.  Even if I was worth millions, I would still have to do something with my time and couldn't imagine not writing.

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

I write, always have. Done the business thing, but I always write no matter what else I am doing. smile

5. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago

hi everyone, I will still write, I am happy when I am writing, it makes me smile,

6. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

I write because it's what I love, money is a nice bonus but essentially inconsiquential. Even if I did get rich, id'e still write for sure. smile

7. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

My goal is to be a millionaire writer...

Honestly, I have to write. If I miss writing one day I feel miserable.

8. Gemsong profile image84
    Gemsongposted 6 years ago

I can't not write. I tried it once and was miserable. It's my outlet and salvation when things are bad. Sure I'd love to make money at it, but honestly that's not why I write. I just love it. And if you're going to have an addiction, there are worse ones to have.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image83
      wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thats how I feel too, it's such a compulsion for me and there are worse addictions, of which I have many......smile writing is one of my more benaficial ones.

9. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

There are some that do and some that don't write specifically for the money.  The writers that tend to be more creative are those who do not write under the motivation of $s.

I like creative writing and if I was motivated by the dollars.. then I would publish a series of books for those who don't know how to enjoy themselves! lol

10. keira7 profile image60
    keira7posted 6 years ago

I just love writing, even I am not good at it, but I love it. Its one of my big passion. God Bless you all smile

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

why do you think your not good? I think your fine.

1. keira7 profile image60
        keira7posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks you so much for thinking that I am, that really help my confidence. Thank you. God Bless you my friend. smile

11. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I would definitely follow a more lucrative path if one presented itself (and, in fact, I am in the process of doing so) so that my writing could be relegated to a hobby rather than having to be churned out to pay the bills.

12. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

I dont write for money. For me, there is no choice, writing continues...

13. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I would stay on my path of being a writer and become a published author. Don't care about making millions just want to write books that others will enjoy reading as much as I have enjoyed writing them

14. alekhouse profile image81
    alekhouseposted 6 years ago

I would always choose to write no matter what else I was doing.