How's it going NaNoWriMo Peeps?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

So spill it! how are you guys oding? what is your word count? are you stuck anywhere that you could use some help? If you want to throw ideas around I'm your woman. Always ready to help!

And that goes for anyone wth an idea with a hub too if ya want.

N-e-ways as of right now I am at a word count of 42,157. And I am on a role too. I am enjoying my story and it's going well. still wondering if I should post a part of it as a hub on here or not.

So NaNoWriMo spill it! big_smile

2. dave272727 profile image59
    dave272727posted 14 years ago

Just over 16,000 words.  Havent had a lot of time to write.  I am going to lost some time as well.  Leaving work tomorrow and then home LATE Monday night.  35 hours of travel including layovers.  Not looking forward to it.  Then I am jumping on the writing bus and hopefully can churn out some quality work before the deadline.  I was making great progress until this week.

3. profile image0

aaa dave good luck dude I hope you do get some writing done!

4. Katelyn Weel profile image91
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

OH GOD I have failed myself miserably... I got to 23778 the other day, thinking I was going to catch up for sure, these two characters showed up out of nowhere and my plot began to look like something I would actually READ!

It was amazing! I've never had that happen before, where two completely perfect and fully developed characters just literally walked (well, sort of ran) into my novel, grabbed my MC by the arm and turned the plot in a whole different direction that is way better than I ever anticipated.

Then...

I didn't write for two days and now I'm freaking out because I have to write at least 2914 words every day (not happening) in order to succeed. Since I won't be writing that much every single day, some days will need to be nearly 6000 words... yikes. wow. 

BUT I WILL NOT FAIL!

Crazdwriter you are doing amazing btw. Congrats on your progress!! Great to hear that you're enjoying your story too, I for one think you should definitely post part of it as a hub.

Good luck to you and to all the other Wrimos out there!

5. profile image0

Keep at it Katelyn Keep at it girl! You will catch up I know you will. You have the drive to do it and you will succeed!

thanks i am doing my best to finish most of it BEFORE thanksgiving lol I don't want to have to worry about it too much during the holiday, know what I mean?

And thanks I'll think about it and see about putting maybe just a teaser of my story in a hub lol I like to do that..make ppl wonder what happens next lol

6. Katelyn Weel profile image91
    Katelyn Weelposted 14 years ago

Yes, that would be great! I'm so curious to know what it's about.

Yeah I find its become a top priority to me,  and its hard to make non-writers understand:

"Sorry, I'm busy tonight, I have to write 2000 words for a novel contest. No, there's no prize. No, I probably won't get it published. No, I don't really think the book's any good..I just want to write it so I win. No, I don't want to go out. Yes, it's important!"

7. profile image0

Ah but you are wrong there is a prize. The accomplishment of finishing a novel is the prize. big_smile

and yea I'll figure it out what kind of teaser tomorrow to make for a hub regarding my story. You should do the same Katelyn...I already posted a hub on the synopsis of the story too.

8. profile image0

ooo oo i just realized something I have a character in my story named Katlyn big_smile not spelled the same but still... hehe

9. profile image0

Phew! I finally crossed over into a word count of 43,152. I am kind of in a race with another NaNoWriMo writer who isn't on Hubpages and it's been fun. Tonight we were racing each other and we kept switching places; I would be first then she would then me then her...now it's me again lol of course that;ll probably change tomorrow but hey it's all good. I'm just glad I have more words added to my story. AND it's getting good. The fight has begun! the first injury and death has happened. woohoo!

10. Gemsong profile image61
    Gemsongposted 14 years ago

You know how you win? You make the attempt.

I'm still behind but I've made some ground. I've had some characters change their mind about the role they want to play and some characters from my previous story want to make an appearance and possibly help.

All for control of a powerful spirit elemental.

I need a new term for them.

11. profile image0

Sounds lilke an nteresting story there Gemsong. Let me know if I can help any

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)