jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

1. chrissie123 profile image74
    chrissie123posted 6 years ago

If I wanted to write a book HOw would I go about getting it published?

1. Phyl's Potpourri profile image60
      Phyl's Potpourriposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Chrissie123
      Be sure the content is good and well written.  Also in some type of chronological order.  Once you have the manuscript you will need to find a reputable publisher.  Be sure to have a copy write of the manuscript to protect your self.  Finding a reputable publisher is going to take a lot of leg work.  By reputable I am talking about a publisher that has a good track record of success.

If for some reason no one wants to publish your book you can always do it your self.  By going to a printer having it printed and bound (very costly).

Good luck.  I wish you great success.  One day when your famous think of me.
      Stop by Phyl's Potpourri and visit me.

2. 0
      loriamooreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My first book is releasing this month through Tate Publishing.  I just searched publishers who handled books of my genre and checked references and BBB reviews, then submitted my manuscript to them electronically for review.  It takes about 6 weeks for them to review and respond to you.

Some of my friends are self-publishing, which is faster and possibly less expensive, but it takes more effort on the author's part to promote.

3. susansisk profile image81
      susansiskposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can E-publish books now.  Then you sell them online, and only pay for printing the ones that are ordered.  I think Amazon lets new writers write online books for the "Kindle".

4. 0
      AuthorsBookposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are many ways but regardless of how and if you do get published, all authors are responsible for promoting their own books.  That's a bum, I know, because it was a wake up call for me when I got my first book published.  This is why I write about "WHAT WRITERS NEED TO DO TO GET A BOOK PUBLISHED" on HubPages.

2. TINA V profile image80
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago

If you read books of well known authors such as Stephen Covey and John Maxwell, you will notice that everything were based on experience, observation, research, and analysis. I have adapted these 4 areas in writing my articles. Perhaps, it will also depend on your topic.

3. 0
    msmirastrologyposted 6 years ago

I self published and it's not cheap but it's a quicker way of getting your stuff out there. Now I have to work on the marketing aspect of it which is even harder than publishing!

4. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

As long as it's damn good publishers will buy it.

5. tobey100 profile image59
    tobey100posted 6 years ago

Excellent question.  I've written three and am still holding on to all three.  Can't figure out who to trust, who's legit.