jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What is Your Writing Style?

1. DogSiDaed profile image60
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

How do you come up with your ideas? And how do you structure them and get them down on paper?(or word document)

When I write poetry I tend to start from a feeling, and take time to think of one line I want, then I can build the rest of the poem around that line in around 2 or 3 minutes, so it depends if that initial inspiration appears XD

So yeah, how do you guys make your writing what it is? smile

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

The stuff that I write purely for pleasure just pops into my mind when I'm in, out or about. It's not written for revenue, it's written because I find it funny, quirky or helpful.

The rest is based around stuff I know, have experienced or because I've noticed a trend and choose to write about it.

As for structure, I have none. I just write. Though I pay attention to SEO if it's written for revenue.

I'm probably an idiot smile

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

My writing style changes a lot with different writing projects. I do find that adding a bit of humor to a page that is geared toward selling something gets a decent hub score. I wrote a short story recently that I was worried was rubbish and yet its gotten nice comments and a good hub score. I find it surprising what people like cause its often different from what I like! My favorite hubs (of mine) do not always do very well and others that I am unsure of prove popular. I guess having different styles of writing for different types of hubs will assure that something will be popular and get that precious traffic big_smile

4. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

I write about anything and everything I am passionate about my writing ,so I write just like frogdropping does, whatever comes from the heart. This question is to early I haven't even had a cup of coffee. lolollo smile

5. 0
    mtsi1098posted 6 years ago

This depends on the topic...If it is something I am passionate about then I just write...the fun things I do not think about and just write...other things I organize the thoughts in my mind then write

6. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I write sentences or actual titles of hubpage ideas, then when I do some keyword research I include this in the title and start writing actually in the edit mode for each hubpage and I time myself or rather set a deadline for it to be done within 40 minutes to an hour per hubpage, but if they are just simple product reviews or something like that I may squeeze 2 or 3 of these in an hour.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is wonderfully prosaic. It just about matches what I do, except I take hours and hours. I have some kind of weird obsessive need to know I have covered everything that can be covered. Unless the thing that I am writing about is completely trivial (which it often is).

I never write for pleasure. I write for money and the satisfaction of a job well done.

7. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 6 years ago

The best thing is we can add to our hubpages here, if we find we left something out or something needs updating later on down the road we can, so best to get the content what's written and checked out there and add to it when there's a need to!

8. EmpressFelicity profile image83
    EmpressFelicityposted 6 years ago

1. Come up with idea for topic - sometimes I'll just get a lightbulb moment, and sometimes something someone says in the forums will spark off an idea
    2. Keyword research using the Google keyword tool
    3. Write it up as a Word document
    4. Search for a suitable photo (or use one of my own)
    5. Cut & paste into a hub.

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy writing hubs, both on commercial and non-commercial subjects.  Now all I have to do is find ways to boost my revenue, which isn't exactly stellar so far LOL.