jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (14 posts)

Help with writing!!!

1. 0
    abegayeposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I was needing to find out information what websites would be good to post poetry on?

Thanks Apryll

1. missmarsh profile image84
      missmarshposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi April.  You can actually post your poetry on Helium and get paid to do it!  It's a fun freelance writing site and they take all sorts of 'how to' articles, creative writing articles, and poetry.  They even offer contests and ways to get paid by other companies to write.  Good money!  Check it out if you're interested:

Good luck!

1. Lisa HW profile image82
        Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Does Helium pay for creative writing now?  The last I knew they weren't.

2. Susana S profile image92
        Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've heard a lot of bad things about Helium so I would make sure you read their terms of service before you post there. From what I remember they can keep your content even if you decide to leave the site. This may make it harder for you to publish your poetry again later on.

One of my friends is a poet and has just started posting on a site and has a mentor there - it sounds good form what's she's told me. I'll ask her what the web address is.

2. 0
      Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Writing.com is a great site for that.

2. KCC Big Country profile image83
    KCC Big Countryposted 6 years ago

Guess that would depend on what you hope to accomplish by posting it.  I don't have the answers, but I do have some questions I think you need to ask yourself so that you can better tell others what you're looking for.

Are you trying to get exposure for your work? If so, is it to make money? Just for the thrill of having others read it? Are you trying to break into some field and use this as a stepping stone? 

Some sites are better suited for some things than others.

3. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Apryll, if you are looking for just a site to learn about writing in general I have two recommendations one is AuthorsbyDesign.com and the other is fictionfactor.com. Both are geared to the new and accomplished writer and have both present at each site to offer help in writing.

4. Rayalternately profile image61
    Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago

emule is quite poet friendly I think if you want to improve your writing. If you want to promote it, here's as good as anywhere.

5. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

This site.

6. TINA V profile image80
    TINA Vposted 6 years ago
  7. BobLloyd profile image60
    BobLloydposted 6 years ago

This is a very good source of publishing opportunities which you can search on the basis of genre, theme, length, payment, etc.

8. Hendrika profile image73
    Hendrikaposted 6 years ago

Simply do a search for creative writing on Google and you will find many. I found one in a few seconds, I do not have the URL unfortunately.

9. livewithrichard profile image87
    livewithrichardposted 6 years ago

Deiviantart.com is a good place too

10. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 6 years ago

EverydayFiction.com has a sister site for poetry.  Its worth looking at.