jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Membership based web hosting. Can I self publish?

1. brimancandy profile image84
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

I know that there are millions of membership based websites out there. I'm curious about how to set up my own site? Does subject material matter when you are paying to create your own membership based site? Which hosting sites have the best software and the least censorship? I used to have pages at Geocities, but, now that it is gone. What's best?

I want to publish a science fiction thriller novel, on a member based site. As in a one time membership fee of just a buck or 2 on a read all that you want basis. perhaps even adding a forum where people can discuss the novel, and add their own ideas on what the outcome might be.

Any ideas of where I should go with this? I want to start as soon as possible. I know that writing takes time, but, I allways write spur of the moment, so you never know what will happen next.

Any suggestions?

2. perfumer profile image60
    perfumerposted 6 years ago

Is there a specific reason why you want to charge just a buck or 2
    for your membership site? If your goal is to generate income from your membership website, the rate should not be that low. There is a term called "perceived value" in marketing. If people like and want your product, they will feel better to pay a higher price for it. Follow this link if you are serious about creating a membership site. http://budurl.com/easymembership

3. Cheeky Girl profile image84
    Cheeky Girlposted 6 years ago

I have started my own website - its a free one on weebly.com. It is upgradeable and I love what it can do. It has as many pages as I wich to put there, no limit, a blog, photos, uploaded music, Google maps, html, links, and plenty of google adsense and things to monetise your site. Webs.com also have a fairly good set up worth checking out.

I have heard that WordPress is the best out there, although there are some other good ones too. Feel free to browse this site if you like:

Blogspot is good for people who want a Blog for nothing. Good for linking to a website or hubs to give backlinks, etc.

1. 0
      TattoGuyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cheekygirlsapartment, methinks I gotta give this website a look at smile