jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

I've gone Pro!

1. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

Well...sort of.

Yes, it is I (Luke)

I am posting this to let you know I have my own website now! It's only a free one but I feel it does my work more justice than hubpages.

<URL snipped - no link promotion in the forums>

Please feel free to check it out. Please feel free to write something in the guest book. It is all my best work!

I know I'm not meant to advertise in forums but (a) I'm excited and (b) if I can get someone to sponser me then I'll get a real website soon and quit the hub anyway.

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't quit the hub when you get your own site. That's like becoming rich and forgetting your old friends because they're poor. Stick with both!

2. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 6 years ago

Good for you son.

1. 0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why thank you =]

3. kmackey32 profile image82
    kmackey32posted 6 years ago

Hi Andrew. smile

4. 0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 6 years ago

Hello smile

5. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

Wow. Congrats smile

6. xboxps3wow profile image61
    xboxps3wowposted 6 years ago

Websites are A LOT of work! Good luck!

7. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

You would be better off making a wordpress.com site if your not interested in making money off advertising and dont want silly size restrictions like the 20 pages you mention at webs.com

8. DogSiDaed profile image61
    DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago

The link has gone Andrew

9. RedElf profile image86
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

They can be a source of backlinks for each other, and work well together. Check out Mark Knowles hubs on backlinks - most informative.

10. Bill Manning profile image70
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Congrads on your first website. I have around a dozen plus many wordpress blogs. The only trouble with your own site is, nobody knows about it!

You will actually have far more readers reading your articles here on hubpages than on your own website. Unless you do lots of linking.

So have fun with your website, but keep writing here so people can see your work. A wordpress blog like someone mentioned is a great way to have your own website and write as much as you want.

You can even monetize it. But you need a lot of links to get any traffic. Don't worry that your URL got censored, I had that happen to a post I made here too. smile