jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

How do I get distributors for my books?

1. prosmentor profile image50
    prosmentorposted 6 years ago

I Have 4 published books. How do I get distributors in Europe, America, Asia and across the globe? Please answer me in graphic details.

1. megs78 profile image61
      megs78posted 6 years ago in reply to this

have they been published by a publishing house or were they self-published?  if they were self-published, you need to send copies to agents or publishing houses abroad to see if they will take it on and distribute them.  if they were published by a house, they should be able to tell you why or why not they haven't tried to get it published internationally.  hope this helps.

prosmentorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They are self-published. Can give me links/contacts? The new release is titled, "There is mone in your house".

2. khmohsin profile image59
      khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you should contact blogger and offer them affiliate commissions.

2. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Dont you have an agent?

prosmentorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No. I don't have an agent. The title of the latest release is "There is money in your house".

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
        Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you've already published them, you'll have a hard time finding an agent to pick them up.  You need to contact book distribution companies and wow them with a history of your sales in your home country.  If you don't have a sales history, you're going to have to distribute yourself.  The current book sales market (in the U.S. at least) is abysmal, and it's difficult for established writers to get their books printed with first run rights at a publishing house as it is. New comers are really struggling.  No agent/publisher is going to pick up a second run that doesn't have fantastic first run sales figures, nor will any agent that can do you any good.

If you don't have a stellar sales history, the advice given above about finding a blogger (find a GOOD one - or ten - not just one who says he's good; don't be lazy, do research first) might not be a bad idea.  You could sell via Amazon.com and do your own promoting.

3. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Why don't you do some research and find out what you need for you specific situation?  There are plenty of sites on writing and publishing on the web - give Google a work out.

Try the Writer's Association for your country or check whether there is a Writer's and Publisher's Handbook published for your area.

Good Luck!

4. ocoonocoon profile image83
    ocoonocoonposted 6 years ago

I would also suggest selling initially through Amazon. This is the age of the internet so you don't "need" a distributor like you did in the old days. If you have a homepage or blog, put up links to the Amazon page with your book and interested people can buy it easily. More than a matter of finding a distributor, it looks like you will first have to build a following.