jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Selling articles elsewhere that have already been posted on HubPages

1. David Conner profile image60
    David Connerposted 6 years ago

I want to offer an article to a monthly publication, but I have already posted this article on HubPages. What is the protocol for such a query?

1. DogSiDaed profile image61
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think you'd have to check the T&C for submissions on the site. I wanted to submit a poem to a site before but couldn't as that particular site did not accept poems published elsewhere even on blogs. Some will accept articles from here that are not published properly elsewhere. The site should have a submissions policy. As far as I am aware Hubpages isn't so strict on work republishing, but I may be wrong.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

As Relache says, the article is yours.  Unlike some other sites, you can do anything you like with it - change it, expand it, and even delete it.

10DollarMark isn't correct in saying you have to wait 6-12 months for the cache to clear.  I've sold an article to a site that didn't want duplicate content, and it passed the copied  content test within a couple of weeks.  Just disclose the situation to the publisher and let them decide.

2. The10DollarMark profile image61
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

If the publication is offline or email-only, just make sure the publisher knows that the content has been published before.

If the publication is online, your hub may end up hurt for duplicate content. You can still choose to do so as it's only one hub and shouldn't affect your hubscore much. Just, once again, make sure your publisher knows it's been put up before.

Otherwise the only "solution" is to delete the hub and wait 6-12 months (that's how long it takes for search engines to stop caching a deleted article or site - sometimes even longer!).

3. 0
    Gracie Sophiaposted 6 years ago

This question needs to go to the hub owners. I would like to know their answer and policy on this as well.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

As made clear in the TOS (which you all read before you signed up, right?), authors here retain ownership of their content.  Which means you can do with it as you choose.

Note that re-selling it for publication online would devalue your Hub and defeat the purpose of making them in the first place.