jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is the real purpose of the poetry forum?

1. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 6 years ago

Is the poetry forum/forums really here for the purpose of HubPages members to discuss poetry writing techniques and the poetry of famous poets ?

I ask because when I first came here I thought it was for posting poetry; then realised it was probably not what it was for. Other people may be led into thinking likewise by older posts.

I eventually came to realise that although HubPages lets people write Hubs about whatever they like within the rules; poetry is not really the sort of thing HubPages are meant to be about.

This is not a critical comment it is something I have pondered on - the exsistence of this forum can be a bit confusing to newcomers and I think it would be good if there were some sort of clarification for when people 'land here'.

If it sounds like a silly question please ignore me, I am still on my learning curve here - and (knowing me) I will be for some time.

1. DogSiDaed profile image58
      DogSiDaedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I posted a couple of mine before realising too. I don't mind too much that HP rates my poetry lowly for it being short and an absence of links and pictures... They get some views, and some nice comments smile

2. 0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

I seem to do alright with my poetry. I rarely visit this thread though. You just need to find your own voice. Manlypoetryman does well too.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Not sure of its real purpose ,but I cruise to read an learn from others more gifted smile