Tiger Woods and his Vanity Affair Pic?!

1. PoeMarsden profile image60
    PoeMarsdenposted 6 years ago

Although maybe I shouldn't be surprised.  I mean, it's a good business move on his part; everybody likes a bad guy, infamy sells -- especially when the guy was thought to be a real stand-up guy.  And especially when the guy is not just any media mogul, but THE #1 media mogul in the world...

Therefore, he must continue to market himself despite his recent unfaithfulness as a husband and father.  He must continue to sell himself despite what his wife or kids think.  He must continue to market and sell his icon because Wall Street never shuts down shop; always open for business.

I don't have to say anything as glib as, 'man, a lot of kids looked up to Tiger, seeing him as being more than just a good golfer, but a successful person who is living out his dream' -- but now that we see him in this light, what does that mean about our own dreams molded or imagined via Tiger?  What does that say about us all those times we went to bat for Tiger, rooting him on when he hunted down another Major in red?

Was Tiger ever really chasing down Jack's record, or was it just about the hardware, money, fame and "success"?  If Tiger didn't sell his soul with the various flings, then this pic in Vanity Fair might just solidfy it; sign the dotted line.

2. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 6 years ago

weren't the pictures taken a while ago?

1. PoeMarsden profile image60
      PoeMarsdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they were... But Tiger knew the kind of image he had built and fortified, and shirt off w a d-rag wasn't "Tiger" -- more like a buttoned up polo with a Nike cap. And so, he didn't release the photo (I heard the photographer, joking around, persuaded him to take the pic, just for fun..?)

But now that Tiger has a badboy image he can, well, bank on it financially.