jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

I'm New Here

1. ladypatience profile image61
    ladypatienceposted 6 years ago

How do you get people to read your writings,do people just stumble upon other people's stories/poems?

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
      Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It just depends.. Hubpages offer a lot of promoting tools.  Look at the bottom of your published article and there should be a link that says "Share this".  That'll get you up and running..

Other than that, learn about SEO and page promotion.  There's probably a thousand articles here that explain how to do that.  Just do a search and you'll find more information that you'll know what to do with. big_smile

Oh, and welcome to HubPages! big_smile

2. britneydavidson profile image60
    britneydavidsonposted 6 years ago

First of all welcome to hub and yes if you want your content should be read by all people then you should write unique content, be a active member of hub pages, make friends related to your niche, that's it!

1. ladypatience profile image61
      ladypatienceposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey thanks, well I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens. Anyone every tell you, you look like a mix of britney spears and jessica alba, more of jessica alba though.

1. Urbane Chaos profile image90
        Urbane Chaosposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I dunno.. Jessica Alba? the nose is a little off, but... big_smile

Lady, Don't worry about it.. you'll get the hang of things in no time. big_smile

3. Alessia Amnesia profile image60
    Alessia Amnesiaposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages, Lady! My advice to you is to be active in the forums and just keep writing. You'll get the hang of it in no time smile

/\ Hi, Urbane smile

4. Wealthmadehealthy profile image60
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hubpages!  You will have a lot of fun writing in here and getting to know people. 
    My answer to your question is tags.  How you tag your hub will depend on what you are writing about.  When you start your hub, always remember to click on the two boxes below your title and give it a place in hub pages...these are your first two...then ad tags at the right hand side of your hub after you finish writing it where it says tags.  Use words that go with your writing...always stay on track, and there is a tag tool, if you click on it, it will give you suggestions to add to the tags. 

This is how people find hubs and articles to read, they use keyword searches and your tags will come up in the search..

Hope this helps and happy writing to you!!

5. ddsurfsca profile image76
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

One thing that I was told, is when you write something, make sure that your keywords are proper, like make sure that at least one keyword is also in the title of your hub.  If you have a lot of good keywords, then when someone who is researching a topic, or looking for info. on that subject, your hub will come up.
       This must work, for I have hits coming in from Yahoo search and netzero search.  Not many but a few.  That must be from the keywords.  Also visit around and read other peoples hubs, and join their fan club, and then as others do the same to you, they all add up and there are people reading your stufff.l

6. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Loads of stuff on HubPages about driving traffic to your Hubs and SEO. Just use the search box and read Hubs and forum threads on the subject.

The most important thing to do is write great content - over time this will naturally attract readers.  Patience is everything here at HubPages.

7. Purple Perl profile image81
    Purple Perlposted 6 years ago

Hi ladypatience, welcome aboard!
    Choose a great title and write about what you are passionate about and also what other people would like to read . You could also go to the idea bank and choose topics you are comfortable with.Also you could join the hubmob every week.
    Happy hubbing!smile

8. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

The easiest way I found to get your Hubs read is to partake in the forums and get to know some of your fellow hubbers.

This is the most sound advice I can give. I know, it works. smile

9. Sage Williams profile image92
    Sage Williamsposted 6 years ago

Welcome to hub pages.  I'm not sure that I can add anything more than what everyone else has already said.  It's all good advice.  I will stop by and check out your hubs.