jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I can't believe it, someone pinch me.

1. ddsurfsca profile image77
    ddsurfscaposted 6 years ago

I sent just one more in a looooooong list of applications, or whatever you call them, to an agency, submitting one of my childrens books, a favorite that I read over and over to kids in elementary school when I taught library science.

I answered all their questions, it was very long, and then they asked me for a synopsis of my book, and in no more than two or three paragraphs.  I did this also.

I sent it in, and within a week I got a letter back from them stating that they now needed these questions answered, (another not quite as long list), and they wanted me to send the questions back in an email, and then they wanted three chapters of the book sent with the same email, but as attachments.

Well, I again answered the questions, and I wrote the first, second, and fifth chapters on notepad and it took me about four days to figure out how to send it as an attachment, because for some reason I will never know, every time I gtried to send the chapters, my computer for some reason was pulling up my photo album and wanted that sent instead.

Well, I finally got it sent, and today I got a letter from them explaining that they are not a publisher(I knew this), and that I would have to find sonmeone to edit it for me, but they were fairly sure at this point in time that they would sell my book for me....

I was so jazzed I had to read the letter several times to make sure it said what I thought it said.  They said that it was interesting, that my style of writing was very sellable, and as soon as the committee who makes all the final decisions handed down their decision, I would be hearing fromn the again.  Keep all fingers crossed for me, for I sure  would  like to get something printed that didn't cost me to have it done.(Like I would do that)  As soon as it is final, we will have a party, and  I will buy everything.  hahahaha

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Congratulations, hope you get your book published!

3. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Wow, that is totally awesome! When you get your book selling write a hub on how you did it, cause that is way cool cool

4. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Hopefully all that hard work has paid off, many congrats. smile

5. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Life is all about those moments that take your breath away...

now...Just Breath.

I am proud of you...

...and I don't even know you.

6. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

You go girrrrrrl! smile

I am happy for you smile

7. 0
    Linda Myshrallposted 6 years ago

We'll all be able to say, "I knew her when..."  Can't wait to read it to the little ones in my world.  Congratulations!