jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Favourite Read?

1. 0
    sophsposted 6 years ago

Do you prefer reading Fiction or Non- Fiction and why? :-)

2. 0
    sneakorocksolidposted 6 years ago

I prefer non-fiction but read both. Fiction-Call of the wild, nonfiction-books about the outdoors.

3. jellydonut25 profile image59
    jellydonut25posted 6 years ago

Nonfiction tends to bore me a bit to be completely honest...

4. Flightkeeper profile image78
    Flightkeeperposted 6 years ago

Mostly non-fiction.  If it's fiction I like to read mysteries and action/suspense.  I've been trying to get through Camus's The Plague because I'm trying to read classic stuff as well, but it's rough going (and the book's not thick!).

5. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 6 years ago

99.9% fiction here, too--I get enough non-fiction just living my life, so it's nice to escape to unreality when I read. big_smile   

I love anything Dean Koontz...and I am addicted to murder mysteries, also.

6. 0
    sophsposted 6 years ago

I'm definately with you Tammy! :-)

7. wychic profile image80
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Non-fiction! I love to learn new things, and I quickly get bored if my mind isn't properly engaged. I've read so many fiction books that it's really hard to find a unique plot coupled with a great storytelling style (though I have been surprised a few times), and for the most part I only read fiction if I'm in serious need of some "mind candy" and none of the non-fictions I have on hand are on fun enough subjects to qualify. Generally, if my good ol' textbook-style non-fictions are starting to feel a little heavy I'll read a memoir or two for a change of pace.