Have you written a book

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Alota profile image59
    Alotaposted 14 years ago

published or not

1. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've completed about 25% of four books - so if you add them all together you get one book LOL!

I actually have another one on hubpages which I am serializing - it's helping me to continue write and not lose interest - it's about 10-15% finished, but I plan to finish it by this time next year.

2. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not published. The professional writer/publisher, I had taken half a book to, told me I had no talent for writing. hmm

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil, that is so not right.
        Who are they to say who has talent and who doesn't?
        marketing bureaucrats!

try self-publishing. lulu.com or Book Whirl are great sites.

Cheers.

3. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not published but working on it.

4. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No.
      But there's one that's still just a glimmer in my eye! ha
      I already have the title chosen.
      Would be boring for many but who knows?  everyone has a story to tell or a story to make up that would be interesting to someone else.

2. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Yes.  So far it's only been read by me.  Not published as of yet.

3. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

yes, Ive written tons. not pulsihed anything other then hubs. ever.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wonder what we're afraid of?? smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

my mother

1. tobey100 profile image60
          tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can understand that.  Change the names and publish anyway.

1. profile image0

....maybe....so far, hubpages is good for me. baby steps..
            smile what about you?

4. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 14 years ago

Yes, I have written and published a novel.  I am now working on my second novel, and have many ideas for a third.

5. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

You didn't buy that crap did ya?

6. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

ebook, project report and degree thesis counted ?

7. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

I'm half done with mine, am writing memoirs.  I'm with Justine, scared of my Mommy.  smile  Haven't let anyone but a close friend and my husband read it.  The best material comes from my family, unfortunately.  I already have so many damaged relationships with them...  I'd definitely change a few things first and let her read it before doing anything.  Remember what happened to Augusten Burroughs?  Not good.

1. profile image0

Im afriad I was misleading.
      Im scared of hurting my mother. She is/was an awful, nasty, spiteful, mean person. But I understand why, and she is my mother. She is now in the beginning stages of either dementia, alzhimers,or is back to drinking a hell of alot more then she will admit to. But, she honestly believes shes been a good mother, and shes been thru so much, I dont really watt to be the one to burst her bubble. In no way am I even slightly concerned abouther approival.
      or maybe thats what you meant? either way WS, I am sure you get it.  smile

8. classicalgeek profile image83
    classicalgeekposted 14 years ago

I've done about 85% of the research on a four-volume nonfiction series for children. Now if I could just get off my rear end and finish it . . . . It's already been spoken for by several major libraries, so I'm pretty-well assured of good sales.

9. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

I have a short childrens story word finished but as yet I have not finished illustrating and a sci-fi novel which is taking forever to write. The only things I have published as yet are hubs.

1. skyfire profile image80
      skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Give me a buzz on twitter when you finish sci-fi novel.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks I will, but you could be waiting a good long while. smile

1. skyfire profile image80
          skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Start writing. big_smile

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
            wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Very good advice, I'm just too easily distracted. The forum keeps calling me. big_smile

1. profile image0

lol lol

2. Cagsil profile image71
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

1. profile image0

stop copying me...
                go write a book or something.  smile

10. skyfire profile image80
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

big_smile

11. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Yes had my first one published last year woo hoo.

1. Hokey profile image60

What is it about?

1. blondepoet profile image66
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

After The Storm There Is Sunlight
        I guess inspiration for everyone in all corners of life.

1. Hokey profile image60

Where is it available

I don't think I am allowed to put a link on here but the link is in a lot of my hubs smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

BP! How's the tooth? smile

I had it pulled out sad

12. profile image49
    Morgan Mitchellposted 14 years ago

Justine- Like you, I have written several, several stories and etc. over my lifetime but like Wordscribe...only a few, select people have read any of my work.  I feel your pain.  I was once, many years ago told by a loved one that...my writing was a waste of time and they disapproved highly of the content.  It destroyed my dreams.  I regret that I have allowed someone's opinion to determine my fate.  I am hoping to overcome my fears now and have started pushing forward, once again.

13. Rafini profile image83
    Rafiniposted 14 years ago

I am writing a book now, just started actually.  Did a s****y first draft and now I'm 6 pages into the next step.

14. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Never wrote a book....I did send a story into the Penthouse Forum once...I think they might have used it?? tongue

15. M. T. Dremer profile image84
    M. T. Dremerposted 14 years ago

My first and primary novel is finished, but unpublished. I have to edit the second half and then I can start submitting it to agents. My goal is to have a polished version by the end of 2010 (I've been writing it since 2003, it's an epic fantasy). Aside from that one I've written six others but they are so rough they can barely be called novels.

16. megs78 profile image59
    megs78posted 14 years ago

I have had poems published in a collection book.  I've been published in 3 newspapers across Canada, but thats about it.  I do have about 10 childrens stories written and ready, but waiting on illustrations.  I'm hoping it won't be too much longer, I'm getting so impatient to see if the illustrators vision of my work matches my own.

17. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I have not publised a book but I have about 15 sitting around my house waiting for me to get the published. Not sure what I am waiting for (yes, I need a little tough love).  One day soon!

18. shaunese profile image60
    shauneseposted 14 years ago

I am in the process and realizing that it isn't aways the easiest thing to do! But I love it nonetheless!

19. marcel285 profile image64
    marcel285posted 14 years ago

I'm writing a book based on my life. I think it would be great to have it published, many people would find it ab interesting story..But it contains a lot of personal information about people whom have been and are close to me...Like the fact that my dad had an affair with his brothers wife for about 10 years. (which he still denies, but i have seen evidence first hand). So if my parents saw this sort of info about themselves, i'm afraid that they might disown me.

Despite what they have done, i have a great relationship with them, and love them a lot. So i wouldn't want to upset them..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)