Dont Get Frustrated-Are You At Hubpages To Make Money

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (33 posts)
  1. Dale Mazurek profile image64
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

It seems the last few days I have been seeing more and more where people say there is no money to be made here.

Really it is just like anything else.  You will eventually get out what you put in.

I earn money basically two ways on the internet.  First way is through affiliate marketing and the second is through Adsense.

I have two other accounts here at Hubpages which I use for affiliate marketing.  I dont write apammy content, all the hubs are quality and both author scores are in the 90s

I drive outside traffic to these hubs with my article writing.  I choose keywords that are buying keywords.

Hubpages is probably one of the best tools on the internet to help make money.  However just like any other tool out there it will only work as well as the person using it.

Dont give up on hubpages, just learn to use it properly and I bet you will be very happy with the results.

Hmm  I think I should write a hub going into more detail as to exactly how I use hubpages to make money.

Anyways just my 2 cents

Dale

1. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am only here for writing, if I make money it will be a bonus. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dale, what I find frustrating is that these are the same people who think you must follow everyone who follows you, you must read and comment on all their Hubs, and you must reply to every comment you get.

If they only stood back and thought about it, they'd see that the Hubbers who make money are the ones who take the community for what it is - a nice break from the hard work of Hubbing, not the main purpose of being here.  If they spent their time writing Hubs and promoting off-site instead of being sociable with other Hubbers, they'd do a lot better.

I'd be the first to agree that having the community involvement is part of what makes HubPages good, but it seems to be getting badly out of proportion. Let's face it - the forums could disappear and they could disable all our comments boxes and remove the ability to follow, and we'd all still be making money.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
        Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah. That's exactly what I've been trying to focus on lately. I came here to write, then i got all distracted by the forums. Which has happened to me before in other places, I must admit.

So now I'm trying to get some work done. It is time consuming just trying to figure it all out, and I know it's going to be a long time before I get it. Plus I have a bad habit of wanting to write about stuff I know I won't make any money on. So I'm trying to figure out what I mostly want to focus on and do, whether or not i should have multiple accounts and that kind of stuff, I still don't understand most of the tricks and tools of the trade, etc etc.

But playing around too much in the forums, I'll never get anything done. I never want to see my name in any of the top ten forum participation lists again.

...unless a really good thread topic comes up that week.

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
          Marisa Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL!  Pandora, if you want to write about something, write about it.  If it's something you're in the mood for, it won't take that long to bash out a Hub and get it out of our system - and you may be surprised.   I've learned that the Hubs which make money aren't always the ones you expect. 

I recommend new Hubbers to take a scattergun approach - write about a whole range of stuff and see what works.  Finding a niche is not easy, and HubPages gives us an edge because we can test things out easily - Hubs are one of the few places that get attention from search engines even if you're not actively promoting them.

2. earthlover profile image60
        earthloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But Marisa, you spend such an awful lot of time on the forums.
        But they are irrisistable, aren't they?
        So, you think you'd be doing better if they weren't here?

3. profile image56
      shout to shoutposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been struggling for years! Where should I go?

2. Tom Cornett profile image80
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

"You will eventually get out what you put in."  So true Dale.  It takes time and work.  I enjoy writing so I always get something from it.  I make very little money but that is my own doing or should I say...not doing. smile

3. livewithrichard profile image70
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

I've seen them too Dale. The funny ones are coming from people who have signed up here for less than a week wanting to know when they're going to get paid.

I wrote a hub on how I earn online "secret to my success" and I can assure anyone that it takes time and effort to earn a steady income.  For some, it's not worth the wait but for all involved, it's what you do while you're waiting that counts.

4. charanjeet kaur profile image59
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Reading such reviews from time to time ensure us not to give up. Dale thanks for reassurance, this is very important when you still are on the learning curve. Hubpages is great only if you have PATIENCE.

5. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Luckily I don't need hubpages to make money and if I did I would be in the poor house because I'm not a gifted writer or really very creative.But I have fun here and try to do a hub or two hoping I don't make a complete ass of myself!! lol lol

1. Patiopursuit profile image59
      Patiopursuitposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hahahhah true that, i haven't made a single penny on this lol

2. Dale Mazurek profile image64
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I actually love the writers who write here just to write.  They come up with some of the greatest hubs.

Luckily I dont count on any of the internet to make money.  Would be too stressful.  I make money because I decided I wanted to make that commitment.

Dale

6. Steve 3.0 profile image64
    Steve 3.0posted 14 years ago

I haven't been here long but I can see from the amount of work people are putting in that it will take me a long time to make money.  I also need to spend about a week just reading all the information on how to make the hubs as profitable as possible.  It is more satisfying when it takes hard work to make some money.  Get rich quick schemes never work for me.

7. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

I make a fair bit on Hubpages, there is money to be made, but you do have to put the hours in, as with everything.

8. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Oh, we are supposed to make $$?jk, lol. big_smile I prefer to think of HP as a supplement to my own $$ tongue and writing is far more enjoyable than the promotion efforts that must go hand in hand also but ok. I agree, don't give up on HP but for lots of $$, one will not find it here unless willing to seriously commit the time and effort. wink

9. cindyvine profile image70
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

making money is a long process

It can be long but its more about commitment.  I have only been here 9 months and this place is one of my most important tools.

It all depends what you are willing to do.

Dale

10. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

I never came here to make money, but just for the pure love of writing. I know I don't have too many hubs, but I've put my heart and soul (and lots of research) into all of them. I do keyword optimize them because readership is what matters more to me than anything else, and do manage to get a decent amount of traffic on them (along with a bit of money!)

Having said that, I realize with passing time, that  'online' writing has it's limitations, and that commercial hubs will certainly do better than just creative writing. Hence, I've started exploring other writing avenues...and even hope to write a book one day! smile

1. profile image0
      Duchess OBluntposted 14 years agoin reply to this

myownworld, please write that book!

11. Daniel Carter profile image61
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

If I ever do make money on hubpages, I'll take myself out to buy ice cream or something. My biggest focus is composing and songwriting, but my hubpage stuff helps to tie it all together. I'm working on coordinating the two as things develop. If I get it all together, I might be able to make money here, but so far, it's more an experiment. Enjoyable one, too.

12. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

At this point, after nearly two years and 115 hubs, I guess I should thank my lucky stars that Hubpages isn't charging me money to write here. I would not say that I have given up, but if my goal had been to make money, I would have better spent my time doing something else.

It's a great place to publish anything you want for free. It's a good place to make new friends and new contacts. It's a great way to learn about what is available on the internet. For some people, it may be a good place to earn, too. But that's an exclusive group of hard working people who know what they're doing. Just putting in the time is not necessarily going to get you there.

You are absolutely right.  It does require more than time.

It requires an easy to follow blueprint.

Once all the steps are followed there is money to be made.  Just remember Hubpages is only one piece of the puzzle though.

Dale

13. mcbean profile image67
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

I love the ones who complain about not making any money then you look at their profile and all they have are terrible hubs on "How to make money online".
    Sweet

1. Petra Vlah profile image60
      Petra Vlahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is so true. Some very poorly written hubs are giving the same advice over and over again.

14. Uzdawi profile image74
    Uzdawiposted 14 years ago

I am actually here to practice my english;)

15. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 14 years ago

It is interesting that none of you mention any dollar amounts.
    The Tax man is not here.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would the dollar amount matter? The funds you create is completely up to the individual to figure out. This is called setting a goal?

A Overall Goal to Get To?
      A Monthly Goal to Get To?
      A Weekly Goal to Get To?

Plus, the integrated network of other tools(companies) to use is wide open and openly discussed here in the forum.

Those who need more information...should be doing the research(effort) to find out what and who to listen to.

There are plenty of people making $1,000 or more a month and that is because they put the most amount of effort in and they did what they needed to learn the process.

Just my thoughts.

16. Hi-Jinks profile image61
    Hi-Jinksposted 14 years ago

There are many get rich scams advertized on TV on the Net. And not a single real person making money.

17. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I did want to make money on here but since that it isn't happening I am just here to write now...I am trying my hand now at Amazon but that isn't panning out either so eh if I make money I do if not I don't...

18. JenniferMeghan profile image60
    JenniferMeghanposted 14 years ago

im here to write. :]]

19. mquee profile image66
    mqueeposted 14 years ago

At one time, and I am talking about 7 years ago or so, I had a couple of webites where I sold catalog items. I made some money, but it truly was time consuming trying to drive quality traffic to those sites. I am just saying that making money on the internet does take effort and know how.

I am new to hub pages, and have enjoyed the wide variety of writings and high skill levels of the authors. I hope to improve my writing skills and plan to stay, whether I make money or not. Just my two cents worth.

20. earthlover profile image60
    earthloverposted 14 years ago

'Let's face it - the forums could disappear and they could disable all our comments boxes and remove the ability to follow, and we'd all still be making money.'  Yes, so much more money. And we wouldn't have to worry our little heads about things like etiquette.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)