jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

New to Technical Writing

1. mehetab profile image61
    mehetabposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone

I am interested in technical writing, As a part time i write instruction guides,manuals and make technical presentations for my organization.

Would like to know how to improve my writing skills through
    HubPages as i am very much new to HubPages.

pls assist.

Thanks in advance.

1. 0
      rafiashujaatposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages and Technical Writing Learning yearning (:

To polish your technical writing skills on your own, you have to research. If you need any material links, let me know I will try my best.

HubPages cannot teach you but it can improve your observation, style, and technique by reading other writer;s work, and getting comments on your articles published here.

Best of luck

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! I cant be of much help on the technical writing thing but I would suggest finding Hubs similar to what you have in mind and see how others do it.

3. sunforged profile image66
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago
  4. mehetab profile image61
    mehetabposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone

thanks for the valuable info

5. 0
    philip carey 61posted 6 years ago

I manage technical writers, and also do a lot of writing myself. My advice is to write, write, write. And don't shy away from really technical topics. The main challenge for me is finding writers who have the necessary technical understanding, or the ability to get it. They end up being nothing more than scribes with good grammar, which doesn't really cut it. It's a huge problem in my field.

6. Sab Oh profile image60
    Sab Ohposted 6 years ago

The best thing you can do is learn to fight off the desire to kill yourself out of boredom.