jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

The most exciting writer

1. thirdmillenium profile image72
    thirdmilleniumposted 6 years ago

Whose books want you to put off sleep until you had finished it?

Mine is Alistair McLean

2. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Stephen King.

3. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

Some of Stephen Kings' books did that to me - like Salem's Lot. I was up all night reading it - I just couldn't put it down!
    I'm right into James Patterson just now - I think his books are great! Can't say I have the desire to not put them down all the same - the sleep instinct must be getting stronger in my old age!

1. earnestshub profile image88
      earnestshubposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I realise this will sound boring, but anything written by Carl Jung has me enthralled! lol

1. 0
        philip carey 61posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have a few of Jung's books. Fascinating stuff.

For fiction, give me anything by Tolstoy or Dostoevsky (not so much 'exciting' as powerful)

4. khmohsin profile image60
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Ayn Rand is quite great specially the two books: The Fountainhead (1943) ยท Atlas Shrugged (1957)
    Also I will strongly suggest "Sidharta" by Hermann Hesse

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Someone else who loves Ayn Rand! Have read those books several times - as well as her collected short stories and The Anthem. Love her work!

5. 60
    alderdearposted 6 years ago

BOOK ONE published 2008 by (Elaref Ahmed) it is the book i have read it 9times and still reading it. It is a must have book it deals with totality of BEING (the universe and possible beings it concludes philosophical issues that thinker have tried for 1000s of years)in unprecedented way,it is philososhical but completely its own system.

6. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

If I pick up a book, any book, I can not stop reading it 'till its done.