jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Share you best tips to Get Paid To Write

1. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

I have recently created a hub on "Get Paid To Write", but after completing my hub, I had a second thought that I should ask the hubpages community about their thoughts that How they monetize their writings.
    So, kindly share best tips about getting best return on your writings.<no self-promotion>

2. L3B0 profile image79
    L3B0posted 6 years ago

Write original and content packed hubs. And don't just write the few hubs here and there sad...write a whole lot big_smile. If you need help with the goal try out the "60 Day Hubbers Challenge". Most of the older more experienced hubbers not only know of this but have also done this themselves. It is an awesome way to get that extra boost if you want to make money out of writing online in particular. big_smile big_smile, hope this helped.

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Its called the 30 day Challenge

or to be most precise - 30 hubs in 30 days

3. 0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

For anything, if it is writing, working or having fun..Do what you love.

Write about the things you love. Chances are if you like something, other people will too.

Find out through Google, Yahoo and MSN what people have been looking up on the web then learn all you can about the subject and write a quality hub. Find the correct keywords and make sure they are somewhere in your hub.

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

Write a panhandling hub.  Give a sob story and a paypal "tin cup."  Put in some pictures of sad puppies and rain clouds.

I'm working on one right now.  It's a story of how my pet grasshopper, Hoppy, ran off with a swarm of locusts thinking he could be a big shot.  They just used him for his money (I used to give him an allowance), and when it was gone, they kicked him out of the swarm.  Broken-hearted and downtrodden, he began the long flight home, but he was flying too low when he tried to cross the I5, nearly back to his warm, leaf-filled box by my bed, when WHAM, Peterbuilt at 70 MPH made a mustard-smear of him.

Please feel free to send me as much money as you like once I get that hub up, in memory of poor Hoppy.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image92
    M. T. Dremerposted 6 years ago

I've made very little money since I joined hubpages, so little that I can't even request a check of it yet. Maybe one day I'll see that money, and when that day comes I can buy some penny candy. But even though I'm sucking at the virtual money making market, I do believe I understand what it takes to make that money:

Networking: Comment on a lot of hubs and forum posts. Don't post gibberish. Put some thought into it and talk to people with similar interests so they will want to look at your hubs. Plus activity increases your hub score. Then get the word out to real life friends and post links to your profile from facebook and your website. I can't network as much as other people so this one doesn't help me much.

Keywords: If you can figure out what keywords are popular you can sprinkle them through your hub for high search results. I just write a hub as I think it should be written, without thought of keywords, so this area doesn't help me either.

What's Popular: Pick topics that are relevant and people will want to read about. I write about what I know, which isn't necessarily current. For example, when I wrote an article about co-op video games, they were all from obsolete consoles. I mean, seriously, who is looking for Xbox co-op games right now?

Write a lot of hubs: Shoot for quality, but quantity helps a lot. I publish about 2-3 hubs per month. Basically when I get an idea I'll work on it, but if I have no ideas, there are no hubs.

So if you want to make money on hubpages or with google adsense, then you need to do all the things that I'm not doing.

6. khmohsin profile image61
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the tips, but I have already written 100+ hubs but I do not see any revenue in my adsense account.

1. mythbuster profile image86
      mythbusterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"do not see any revenue [...]" as in "not much" revenue accumulating or "none"????

You have a LOT of hubs!