Anyone having success with InfoBarrel?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (20 posts)
  1. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 13 years ago

I just joined InfoBarrel out of curiousity  and I like it ok. I haven't been on there long enough to have much of an opinion. Has anyone here done good with it?

1. michifus profile image57
      michifusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

not tried it yet - will add it t the list......

snipsly,yousaytoo,shetoldme,redgage,flixya,dada,xomba.....how the hell are we supposed to find the time I wonder!

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
        Jayne Lancerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wonder the same. I've just joined Red Gage and am muddling my way through and experimenting. I've looked at Info Barrel, but was a little confused as far as backlinking is concerned ... I'll need more time to look into it.

2. classicalgeek profile image81
      classicalgeekposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm very happy there.

3. TinaAtHome profile image66
      TinaAtHomeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have 15 articles at InfoBarrel. I get less people viewing my articles and less money than I do at HubPages. I've signed up for Xomba too. I've written a hub comparing the three.

I find HubPages the easiest to use and I especially like putting Amazon capsules in my hubs. In comparison, you can put one Amazon link on InfoBarrel.

There are many similar revenue sharing sites, but you have to ask which ones will still be here in 5 years' time? You can't only write articles in one place in case you lose them all in one go.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very true.  Look at all the poor bloggers at Today.com.

2. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 13 years ago

yes

3. lovelypaper profile image59
    lovelypaperposted 13 years ago

I'm happy here too. Hubpages is my favorite but I wanted to try it.

4. tommen profile image82
    tommenposted 13 years ago

I just joined Infobarrel and have 3 articles there so far.I believe in the philosophy of not having all eggs in one basket.Linking from Infobarrel to related articles on Hubpages and the other way around is great for SEO as well.

5. LeanMan profile image79
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Signed up but not had the time to do anything there yet...

6. Eileen Hughes profile image63
    Eileen Hughesposted 13 years ago

It is great there, you do have to write 10 articles and have them approved. Simply because they make sure that you are not spamming or writing rubbish.

Once you have done that you are on your way.  It is a reasonably new site, but with the advent of problems at ehow  they are moving in leaps and bounds.  I wrote and article here in hubpages about how it works.

Like any site your articles need to mature and use seo and keywords  to earn money.  have fun

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image71
    Ultimate Hubberposted 13 years ago

I haven't earned much from it. Maybe less than 5$ in about 6 or so months. But I only have a few articles there.

8. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

I've just signed up my self.  So far I have no opinion.  It's more confusing and restrictive to use that Hubs.

9. Shil1978 profile image86
    Shil1978posted 13 years ago

I signed up a while back, but could never get myself to write an article over there. The interface didn't work for me. HubPages seemed far easier to work with - maybe because I am used to it!!

10. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

while deleting my eHow articles and account info...
    I found an article from a former Ehow-er about loving Info barrel.
    and i may try it.
    i have also looked at Redgage.
    .....just don't have a lot of time for this...

11. Eileen Hughes profile image63

hubpages and info barrel are entirely different to each other.

Hubpages you can insert bits an pieces at the time

Whereas as info barrel it is so simple to load it all in one go then you just load pics and drag them down into the page and decide whether to put them into the middle on the left or right of page.
    Very simple.  Actually to do that you need to right click and choose the position of where you want it.
    Plus they have 4 templates a blank article a how to, a review, and a  video template.  I just do all mine in blank article as cannot be bothered with putting the how to in separate bits and pieces.

Great and friendly.  Also the Admin is there to help you  and the member help you there too like they do here.  Members make both sites  a better place I believe anyway.  I enjoy it at both  and then if you write two similar articles you can refer them to hubpages or info barrel depending on which you have written them on.   helps to be seen   cheers.

12. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

I've seen Sunforged mention Infobarrel as a good place to get backlinks.  I joined ages ago but haven't got around to using them.

One thing I can't find is whether you can remove your articles, or whether once they're posted, they're there forever.  Anyone know?

13. Eileen Hughes profile image63

Yes you can delete them Marissa by sending a letter to the admin,  they are contactable all the time and answer your emails and also answer any queries in their forum if you post in there.

14. Never_Forget profile image58
    Never_Forgetposted 13 years ago

I like InfoBarrel a lot. I make between $14 and $20 everyday...sometimes a bit more. I have about 140 articles up there. Per article, I make quite a bit more than HubPages.

IB is more restrictive than HubPages but it is for the best. By doing this it will gain far more trust with Google than similar platforms, even HubPages which has already been slapped for excessive spam by Google.

Anyone who is thinking about trying IB out should definitely start now, though. Get there while the site is still young and a bunch of good titles are still there for the taking. IB has a very bright future ahead of it and by the growth trends and their trust rank techniques, they are poised to become even bigger than HubPages and eZine.

IB has gone from an Alexa ranking of 12,000 to less than 3,000 in only about 6 months. That is completely unheard of when it comes to website growth. I honestly believe that there are very few sites who can compare to a growth that rapid, and all natural.

This is not a conversion preaching. I think HubPages is awesome but you should never put all your eggs in 1 basket. I started on InfoBarrel in the beginning of 2010 and my earnings have literally doubled every month (even during months where I was inactive). I started on HubPages a few months ago and only have 20 articles but this site is great, I just don't earn as much here because IB offers a minimum 75% rev share and as high as 90% whereas HP only offers 60%.

I am very good with SEO which plays a big role in my earnings but that being said I have also noticed that InfoBarrel articles with SEO rank just as well or better than HubPages articles with the same SEO. IB may have a low PR but they are gaining TR (trust rank) very quickly and effectively.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)