Have you read George RR Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series?

1. Origin profile image60
    Originposted 6 years ago

This seems to be very popular among a lot of people. I was first introduced to this in college a few years ago, and I was immediately stuck to it, especially after completing the first book. Have you read it? If not, below is a link to Wikipedia explaining it (otherwise I would just copy and paste it, but a link is easier). It's definitely a gritty book, filled with intrigue, backstabbing, characters, wars, politics, romance, etc. It's been on the bestselling lists for a long time too.

2. kerryg profile image88
    kerrygposted 6 years ago

It's one of my favorite series! I am going crazy waiting for the next book, but lately GRRM's blog posts have been sounding promising that it might finally be coming our way.

Did you hear HBO has picked up the series for a show based on the books? They've got a great cast- I'm almost as excited as I am for the next book!

3. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Yup.  It is pretty good, but I feel uncomfortable with his (mostly) unnecessary sex scenes. They're not titillating, mostly just creepy.  I'm a sucker for medieval politics, though.