jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Project Life - Playing it Less Safe

1. 62
    fringegirlposted 6 years ago

On my agenda for being part of life, rather than just watching from the sidelines was to start my own blog.  Why?  Well, I have always wanted to be a writer, and this seems like a start.  It might be a small step, but it is something. 
         The next thing on my agenda was to post a picture of myself. That seems super scary, I hate taking pictures.  Well, in gearing up for a really great picture, (yeah this was going to be the one.) I got a haircut.  Yup, I did.  I even bought magazines, spent hours pouring over pictures.  I finally decided on a picture, cut it out and brought it to my hairstylist, (who is usually only instructed to trim.) Well, let's just say my hair looks nothing like the picture!  At this point I would have to say, not playing it safe didn't work out for me.  But, it is just hair, right?  It will grow, not a huge catastrophe, just a small hit to my ego.  Just a couple more weeks of pony tails.  Hopefully by next week I will figure out a way to fix it, find some courage and take that picture.

1. Ohma profile image82
      Ohmaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages. I hope you play it safe here too. Read as many hubs as possible to get a feel of what a hub is. (not really a blog. More like magazine articles) Have a good time.

2. ilmdamaily profile image91
    ilmdamailyposted 6 years ago

lol it can't be that bad:-) Show us!

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't listen to him.  Wait until your hair grows back.  lol   You'll be happier making your photo debut at your most attractive.

3. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

Based on my own years of experience at trying my hand at not playing it safe, I'd say playing it safe is the way to go.  NEVER, EVER, try or do anything new!!  No good can come of it.   lol  (By the way, did you notice my avatar? )

4. 62
    fringegirlposted 6 years ago

Wow, thanks for the support guys.  I guess my goal is not play things as safe, and not to be a spontaneous moron.  A nice balance.  This way I feel that I've experienced those "someday" things, and didn't make a spectacle of myself.  The less "poor thing..." or "I'm glad it wasn't me." comments the better.

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You probably won't get the "glad it wasn't me" comments because it WAS most other people at one time time or another.   lol    In all seriousness, you're right about writing if that's what you want to do.  There's nothing stopping you, and there are tons and tons of places to write.   smile