Lesser Known Poets of HubPages

Jump to Last Post 1-32 of 32 discussions (57 posts)
  1. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 13 years ago

We all know the well known poets on here. What I want to know is who is YOUR favorite lesser known poet that needs some recognition?

Here are a couple of my favorite lesser known poets:

KFlippin
    MrDSpade
    gg.zaino
    Awful Poet

1. saddlerider1 profile image58
      saddlerider1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wayne Brown
      Rawlus
      Lalesu (Laura)
      Nellieanna
      Silvergenes

1. Enigmatic Me profile image78
        Enigmatic Meposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good selection here!!

2. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Awful Poet was mine too

3. starqueen13 profile image60
      starqueen13posted 13 years agoin reply to this

LunesisMidnight, i convinced her to join and she is posting, her little sister, Kenzenmaru is also writing poetry

4. carmaluda profile image69
      carmaludaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He's only written one poem so far, but I LOVED it!!! And I think we can all relate...
      Robertallensavage

5. KFlippin profile image61
      KFlippinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Becca!  Just found this, and I'm very flattered to be included among your favorites, thanks very much...

2. BeccaHubbardWoods profile image86
    BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 13 years ago

wonderful choices!

3. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

I only just started writing my own poetry because I was inspired by Finikya(formerly wsp2464)who was banned..HC porter can do poetry too

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

i read some of your work, it is really good

4. SeenButNotHeard profile image60
    SeenButNotHeardposted 13 years ago

MyValentine
    Grim_Riddler
    Noble Mongoose

5. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

Mike Lickteig and Blackreign2012 are two that I don’t believe are read as much as they deserve to be.
    blackreign, writes from the heart and the Mike's style, like much of his other writing is impeccable.

***Richie, thanks for the mention-I have only read one of your poems, it was good-I will most definitely head over to see what else you have in regards to poetry- I have been out of the HP loop lately and have missed alot of great reads, I am sure (but I will catch up)

6. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

my favourites will always be cris A and Invictus.....

7. H.C Porter profile image80
    H.C Porterposted 13 years ago

miss kimberlylyrics is also a great poet...can’t believe I forgot to mention you ma'am...
    She writes from the depths of her soul, and it is the bare naked truth, built by beautiful words and lyrical compositions, which make you feel what she writes...Never a disappointment.

BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree H.C.! kimberly has always been one of my all time faves. I adore your work as well!

Mike Lickteig is an overall wonderful writer.

kimberly, love love LOVE the new avie! <3

1. H.C Porter profile image80
        H.C Porterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Becca- You probably already know this, but your work as well stands out from the rest.
        I always feel like I am forgetting so many-that I should be listing-and end up adding to my list later-Here is the updated version smile...Although I am sure a few of these are amongst the better known poets around here...
        Kimberlyslyrics
        Mike Lickteig
        Blackreign2012
        Fluffymetal
        BeccaHubbardWoods
        Aware
        Rawlus
        Manlypoetryman
        Blondepoet
        Arthur Gulumian
        Paradise7
        Aweful Poet
        Richie
        and of course MS PINKYLEE tongue

1. profile image0
          pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Haha Thanks for the mention H.C. ... You rock! tongue

8. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 13 years ago

I am gonna toot my own horn here lol ... I have several poems and a few collaborations that I'm sure most people don't know about.

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chaotic Chica is a great poet as well as Samboiam

BeccaHubbardWoodsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are several that have been listed I've not heard of yet. The ones I've read are indeed wonderful! Thanks for bringing them to my attention! cool

9. Mentalist acer profile image61
    Mentalist acerposted 13 years ago

Watchya,Blood and Roses and Cosette have an edge of distictive assertivness that I admire...

10. Sab Oh profile image55
    Sab Ohposted 13 years ago

I'm lesser known, but then I don't really qualify as a poet!

11. Enigmatic Me profile image78
    Enigmatic Meposted 13 years ago

I'm also a huge supporter of:
    Randy Behaviour
    Disturbia
    lalesu
    crickette-W
    epigramman
    dragonflei101
    ek ellis
    invictis
    manlypoetryman
    and the always intriguing blaise25

I think that words give us a little glimpse into their writer's soul, and these people have it down. Always a pleasure to read from the above group, as well as to add new names to it. I dabble myself, though, not as often as I would like. Maybe some day I'll be on someone's list... someday wink

12. lorlie6 profile image74
    lorlie6posted 13 years ago

ralwus
    lalesu
    Wayne Brown

All for different reasons...

13. SandyMcCollum profile image61
    SandyMcCollumposted 13 years ago

I never make anyone's list - not sure if that's a good thing lol.

I like Ralwus and Awful Poet. I like others, too, but can't remember their names.

1. t.cobbler profile image61
      t.cobblerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

dont feel bad. I havent seen mine neather. I enjoyed your funny poems.

2. mega1 profile image81
      mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Me neither - that's why I get all snippy and call them "popularity contests"   - and we also seem to have "cheerleaders" and "pep clubs"  but of course if I was making all these best of hubber lists I'd probably be in there patting everybody I can think of on the back too!  Don't worry about it.  I think in order to get "elected" or nominated you have to chat people up in the forums - you know, say like"hi J, K, L, M"  "how are you tonight, O, P, Q, R?"  and ask after their mums and the fam and all!  Then if you say something kinda sexy every now and then directly to a hubber of the opposite sex, you'll have their undying love!   I'm going to try it now.

How are ya, Sandy?  I'm going right over to check out your newest poems right now!  See ya!   smile  smile  lol  yikes:

1. SeenButNotHeard profile image60
        SeenButNotHeardposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Let me know if that works for you lol

1. mega1 profile image81
          mega1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

ok.

14. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Wayne Brown is really up and coming, and so new at it, but he needs to watch out for 50 Caliber

15. Paraglider profile image89
    Paragliderposted 13 years ago

Gus the Redneck has a constant supply of humour with a splash of truth.

Maven01 has some powerful pieces out there, and TonyMac as well.

1. Amanda Severn profile image95
      Amanda Severnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paraglider, you've some really beautiful pieces on here yourself!

1. Paraglider profile image89
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Amanda smile

16. Cheeky Girl profile image68
    Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

There are so many great Hubbers here who have their names mentioned and they are great! Invictus, Kimberlylyrics, Blaise25, and so many great styles, and subjects they touch on. I would like to add my friend Hubber Astra Nomik, who, though only having one Poem Hub published here so far, plans more. Check her out! Also check out the amazing Summer Steward and Alya Rose! They are people who have poems and subjects worth reading about and thinking about.

And what a great idea to promote the Great poets here on Hubs in this forum. The world would be a dull place without the sense and light they shine on life.

17. saddlerider1 profile image58
    saddlerider1posted 13 years ago

One must not overlook Nellieanna and Silvergenes they are very
    creative writers and poets. Bravo to the both of them.

18. Richieb799 profile image76
    Richieb799posted 13 years ago

thanks for checking my efforts H.C, I have only just attempted poetry, I would say I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject I just enjoyed it because it helped release some emotions

19. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

this is a lovely thread, just spent an hour checking out all these poets.... my we are a creative community.

20. Shalini Kagal profile image54
    Shalini Kagalposted 13 years ago
  21. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

i forgot about Jess..... when tha poet warms up, there is no cooling it down.

Anyone like my work by the way..... I love it Ha ha

1. Sab Oh profile image55
      Sab Ohposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I liked your "Reflections of Summer" poem.

22. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

er is that one i have not written yet, do not remember that one...... take of your mask and let me see your face, this is the dawning of a new age.

Ah, I guess the title is 'Blown by the Wind.' The reflections bit was a quote from the poem.

23. Aeriel_ALN profile image59
    Aeriel_ALNposted 13 years ago

HC Porter definitely does poetry well and Paraglider has some really great stuff, in my opinion, too.

24. agaglia profile image78
    agagliaposted 13 years ago

well now, I think I am one of the lesser known poets on hub pages, but there are certainly quite a few Great poets.  I am fans to several, including: Nellieanna,triciajean, triciajean, to name a few.

'Within the Forest' was some gettin' on!

2. alternate poet profile image67
      alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I looked at Nellieanna and while I admire her good poetry it is a little too southern belle for my taste. But you got in Tricajean twice and yet she seems to have only 5 hubs and none of them poetry, she is not you by any chance ? big_smile

25. kennynext profile image75
    kennynextposted 13 years ago

I have recently started writing poetry again and have put a couple on the hubpages.

I liked 'The Fabulous Shoe'

26. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 13 years ago

nobody knows me, LOL. I think earthfrend and daydreamer are 2 good but lesser know poets.

1. Joy56 profile image67
      Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

now we all know you, no longer a lesser poet, welcome aboard.,

27. couturepopcafe profile image60
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

journeyman is a great, raw, poetic talent.

28. epigramman profile image60
    epigrammanposted 13 years ago

....well I don't consider myself a poet - I am an anti-poet!!!!
    (and not a very good one at that!)

29. calebacea097 profile image60
    calebacea097posted 13 years ago

i cant wait to be even considered on this list i have read a few of the suggestions so far and they are easy to ready and enjoyable

30. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 13 years ago

If you can find Paraglider's limerick thread, you will find some great great poetry - short, but great wink

Earnesthubs contributed some sublime poetry to that mix, I might add.

31. Petra Vlah profile image60
    Petra Vlahposted 13 years ago

Except for a few of the poets mention here, most of the others have an ease with rhythm in the best of cases. They may be popular writers and have plenty of followers, but poets they are not
    I would consider SiverGenes, Donna Bedford, Nelieanna and Marvin01 as poets and a few others I have to think about and get back to you with their names.

Nice of you to pass that judgement

32. Awful Poet profile image69
    Awful Poetposted 5 years ago

I'm still breathing, Thank you very much.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)