jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

College research resources

1. Uriel profile image84
    Urielposted 6 years ago

what are the most recommended websites for college research especially for business Majoring Students?

Are there any free online databases or online recommended search engines for researches concerning this domain?

1. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I would recommend using the library website at your university which comes complete with subscriptions to academic journals that will not be available to you on any other website.

2. wildorangeflower profile image62
      wildorangeflowerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

it depends on your topic, like Law for example Harvard law online, economics and politics --  London School of Economics, medicine -- John Hopkins University, eng'g -- MIT

humanities lots of them

I go to sites of the top league uni
      check online sites of their lib then you will know whats the latest topic
      US -- Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Stanford, UCLA, Columbia
      UK -- Oxford, Cambridge
      Uni of Toronto
      ANU for Aus

in Asia NUS -- Singapore and Tokyo Uni
      this is not exhaustive list

2. 61
    allisonaaposted 6 years ago

excellent advice. while i graduated some years back, i pay my alumni dues just to maintain access to the university's databases. individual subscriptions to many of those journals are prohibitively expensive. you can "google" specific author, titles/articles on your own, but really only if you already know what you are looking for--ex. a reprint of an article orginally published in xyz journal on 0/0/00 date or in abc edition.