Writing Sales Copy

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

When writing sales copy I try and cover three basic points, this approach has worked well for me in the past but I would like to hear from others who are tasked with writing direct sales or response copy how they approach the job and if they have any tips they would like to share.

To start the ball rolling here are the three points which, in my opinion ,need to be addressed in every webpage, blog or hub aimed at selling a product or service.

You need to completely convince the customer that buying your product or using your service is worth much much more to them than the price ticket associated to it. Otherwise there is little motivation or incentive to buy.

You need to convince the customer that your products or services are one the most important investments currently tugging at the strings of their budgetary purse. Otherwise there is no incentive to buy now.

You need to convince the customer that you understand their needs and their goals, that your customer support is second to none, that your guarantee is perfect, that your price is justified. Otherwise there is no incentive to buy from you.

1. dahoglund profile image83
      dahoglundposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you points. I used to write letters to collect accounts which is one of the toughest sell. You have to convince the debtor that it is to their advantage to pay.

The important thing is to present your case in terms of what advantage it is to them. Too many letters and other copy is written  about the advantage to the writer. It used to be called the "you" attitude.