jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

love's eyes

1. 61
    schoolboy7posted 6 years ago

pounding rain.purple skies.crimson moon.hateful eyes.screaming people.a multitude.pawing.clawing.trying 2 get a bite of food so small u need xtra sight.
    this is what i see when i look 4 my people.
    this is what i see in the eyes of the child.
    this is what i see.
    heartache.despair.bodies piled high.heaven in mourning as it hears the cries of man.
    no one 2 care.no one 2 see.no one 2 repent.no one 2 ask 4giveness 4 the sins of society.
    this is what i see.
    the blind cutting off their ears so they can b deaf.people pulling out each others tongue.mothers in mercy smothering their young.
    this is what i see.
    i am the eyes of the blind.
    i am the ears of the deaf.
    i am the voice of those who can not speak.
    i am...love,and this is what i see.

-mark e.schoolfield

1. Daniel Carter profile image91
      Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Schoolboy, you have a distinctive voice. Your message is clear in your poem, and it's rich with emotion and image.

Technically a little rough, but that's not a problem, really because by continuing to write and write your thoughts by the pound, not the page, you'll refine and develop.

Kudos, and welcome to HP.

2. 60
      Jaywposted 6 years ago in reply to this

loved the poem ,the words r deep.

3. Thoover profile image59
      Thooverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is very beautiful. I hope to be able to read more of your poetry. smile Thanks for sharing.

2. Ben Evans profile image73
    Ben Evansposted 6 years ago

I like what you are writing it is raw and your prose shows a lot of energy and intense emotion.  I hope that you don't mind some unsolicited advice.

The words tell a lot.......But for most people the words don't paint a complete picture or tell a complete story so many people will not understand it.

Here lets try this:

Pounding rain
    scours the purple skies
    which awaits a crimson moon
    above hateful eyes.

I see through the eyes of child.......
    Screaming people in a multitude
    of pawing and clawing are just
    trying to get a small bite of food.

I am not a great writer but I wanted to give you few tips.  I like the words you put down and would like to welcome you to Hubpages.  I am sorry if you didn't want any advice but I can see a picture and I wanted to show you one style so you can arrange your words into a story so others can see your picture.

3. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 6 years ago

yahoo brilliant words, and so helpful, hub pages is the place to be, to learn,

4. Ben Evans profile image73
    Ben Evansposted 6 years ago

Thank you,

You are so kind.  It is quite a good community.

1. always exploring profile image85
      always exploringposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ben, i love to write poems, i just started, and i want to write better, any

assistance from you would be appreciated.

Thank You

5. 0
    DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HP. I think your poem is good and you ought to make it into a hub. Everybody is giving you some pretty good advice, I don't really have anything to add except I hope you write more too.

6. 0
    china manposted 6 years ago

I don't think it needs to be changed at all - it is good as it is.

The text language is a bit of-putting for us old schoolers but it is the language of today and you are writing in it - good on you and put it in a hub and then write some more.  When you have got a dozen down we can see how good you are smile

7. 0
    Hanilolposted 6 years ago

A+ 1111