jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Anybody read the book 'Guernica'?

1. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I'm asking because the author commented on a book review I did asking me to put in a spoiler alert. He said a commenter gave the ending away.
    I've responded that I don't think the ending was given away but that I would put in this spoiler alert anyway.
    How do you put in a spoiler alert?
    That's one question. The other is what exactly was the spoiler? It must have been something I wrote but I need someone who has actually read the book to tell me what. I did say near the end something of a spoiler but I conditioned it by saying the reader would have to read the book to find out how that happened. Could it be that?

2. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

From the sounds of things it is not your review but one of the comments on the page that gives the ending away. In that context I think he is asking that you post a notice before your comment section that the ending has been revealed.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

That's what it would seem to mean Ohma, but none of the the commenters did - none had read the book. Maybe he was being obtuse (in a nice way) to say that I had given the ending away? I did in actual fact give away one of the nicer surprises at the end, but by no means the only one, and did actually write at the time that the viewer would need to read the book to know how that came about.
    I wish there was a way of contacting people who comment on hubs from outside Hubpages so I could ask him directly.

4. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

You could try searching the authors name on google. Maybe they have a FB or twitter account.