jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My Favorite New Mystery Writer is Linda Castillo

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

I just finished her second book Prayer for Silence. It takes place in a small Amish Community in Ohio. The main character is a female sheriff in her early thirties, formerly Amish, who was shunned because she chose not to be baptized. Her choice and reasons for that were covered in the first book Sworn to Silence. But in the second book we learn more about her past and how it affects her role as sheriff.

I almost figured out the ending, so others will probably be able to. But I don't think it takes away from the characters and their relationships, which I also enjoyed.

In Prayer for Silence, we start to see the minor characters being fleshed out, which I always love watching.

Have you read this? What do you think? If you have an e-reader and are wondering what to download I really recommend these two.

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

no, I haven't heard of these. will take a look. I haven't read a mystery for quite a while.

3. Madison22 profile image80
    Madison22posted 6 years ago

Great, I'm always up for a good read. Thanks!

4. lizzyroe profile image60
    lizzyroeposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the recommendations! I'm a huge mystery lover, I'll definitely add this series to my list.