jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

The Mighty Test Query!

1. Ammari Sky profile image60
    Ammari Skyposted 6 years ago

Who do I test my queries on? None of my mates write, they love my novels but past that I need a few honest to goodness writers to test my stuff on. Anyone know of any groups in Louisville, Kentucky?

1. Lora Palmer profile image61
      Lora Palmerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't have any ideas for you locally, but there's a website called Agent Query (agentquery.com).  You can research agents there, and I'm almost positive I remember seeing a place on the site to post your sample query to get feedback and help with it.

Ammari Skyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks I found it! I have written 3 novels in the last 6 months and my dream is to see them published! Queries are really harder that I thought they would be.

Three! Wow...that just blows me away! I'm only on chapter 7 of my first one, and I started seriously working on it at the beginning of the year.  Queries really do look like an unbelievably hard thing to write. Fortunately, there is a ton of advice out there, and though some of it is conflicting, at least there are places where you can post your query to get direct feedback so that it'll be in perfect shape when it''s sent out.

Ammari Skyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love to write and the ideas have just been popping so fast I have even more on legal pads waiting to escape starts. I had so much going on in my head I finally said no more to my day job for lack of focus. I love the feeling of freeing it all on my computer screen.
            Good luck on your writing!
            I am hoping for some good input from AQ. smile

That's wonderful! I'm hoping to someday be in position to do this full time, but I'll have to hopefully have success with it first..  Best of luck to you on your writing, and I'll be thinking good thoughts for some good feedback from AQ on your query smile

working